Back to Business
- WITH NEW ARAMARK PROGRAM: CAMPUS FOOD GETS REAL. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Deals with the Real Food on Campus program of food service company Aramark. Demands of college students for cafeteria food; Options offered in the program; Elements of the brand.
- IN 2001: Revenues up 4%, staff counts 8%. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p51
Presents statistical data on the productivity of food service operators in several non-commercial markets in the U.S. in 2001. Colleges; Hospitals; Nursing homes.
- Making it Authentic, Making it Ethnic. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p42
The article discusses the concept of introducing ethnic menus from medical centers in the U.S. The author cites the menus offered by these foodservers including the Garfield Medical Center, Stony Brook University Hospital, and at Loudoun County foodservice. Menus range from Chinese dishes to...
- ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE: DESSERT SENSIBILITY. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p108
Offers a look at the dessert food service operations at four institutions in the United States. Seton Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas; Logansport Memorial Hospital in Indiana; West Virginian Wesleyan College in Buckhannon; Grant Regional Health Center in Lancaster, Wisconsin.
- IN 2001: Pre-wraps and beverages are the top sellers. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p51
Presents statistics on grab-and-go sales in non-commercial food service locations in the United States as of September 2001. Percentage of colleges and universities that offer grab-and-go foods; Sales in hospitals; Categories of grab-and-go sales.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article presents news briefs related to food service. Room service and cashless payment systems are gaining favor among hospitals that operate their own foodservice programs, according to the annual membership survey conducted by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management....
- Aramark launches continual training program for health-care workers. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/14/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p22
Reports on the training program offered by Aramark Corp. for its Healthcare Support Services division to improve patient satisfaction ratings in its hospital food service operations. Explanation of the program's three objectives by Aramark executives; Goal of the training program.
- STEAL THIS IDEA. King, Paul // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p28
The article presents several food service ideas from readers. Gary Brautiga, director of food services at Gettysburg College, says that they offer fruit and yogurt all day at their two salad bars. Don Block of University of Illinois claims that they have held a chef's challenge for the past four...
- Adding Up the Little Things. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p30
The article focuses on the strategy used by James Stewart, director of food service at the 484-bed University of Minnesota Medical Center's Fairview Riverside Campus in Minneapolis. For Stewart, menu engineering became the method to find little ways to cut costs nearly $106,000 for the year. The...