HFM Powers Up for Action in Tampa
- Learn How To 'Manage Up'. Studer, Quint // Credit Union Magazine;May2006, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on advice of Quint Studer, chief executive of executive coaching firm Studer Group, for credit unions in the U.S. to manage up, not down. He said that managing up gains employees' support for business goals and creates more autonomy within the credit union. It also saves time...
- Bonus pay: How much is too much? // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p92
Examines bonus pay as part of the compensation package of chief executive officers (CEO). CEO's who collected more than half their cash compensation in bonuses; Criticisms from activist shareholders; Determinants of bonus pay of various CEO's; Shareholder's preference for stock options.
- 'MANAGE UP' TO STAFF FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE. // Credit Union Management;May2006, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the importance of applying into organization the managing up approach to employees for better performance. Quint Studer, CEO of Studer Group shares his view pertaining the essence of managing up. Studer said, in order for leaders to gain support to meet for an established...
- The CEO paycheck. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p84
Examines disparities in the way foodservice chief executive officers are compensated. Correlation between company profits and compensation; Exceptions; High risk/high reward situation; Shareholder-initiated referendum on executive pay; Securities and Exchange Commission policies on increased...
- Pearls of knowledge. // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p100
Presents facts discovered by Restaurant Business magazine staff from the filings of some 90 publicly held restaurant companies. Management fees paid to companies owned by CEO's; Unusual compensation strategies; Old restaurateurs resurfacing on other companies' boards.
- HAVING WORDS WITH Fred Stow. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;10/1/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p158
The article presents an interview with Fred Stow, founder and chief executive officer of third-party meal delivery company Order Corner, about his business. According to Stow, Order First is a food management company and it connects with drug companies to handle all of their sales forces; food...
- SFM Passes the Gavel. // Food Management;Dec2000, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the annual conference of the Society for Foodservice Management in San Diego, California. Presentation of annual awards; Speakers of the conference; Emphasis on the importance of foodservice professionals.
- fm agenda. // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p21
Presents a calendar of events that lists congresses and conventions related to the food service management industry in the U.S. from August to October 2005.
- In brief. // Food Management;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p10
Reports developments related to food service management as of January 2002 in the U.S. Acquisition of ServiceMaster by Aramark Corp.; Agreement to provide food service management between Methodist Healthcare and Morrison Healthcare division f Compass Group; Legislation to prohibit the sale of...