ASU students dig Pitchforks
- Lorna Donatone: Sodexo's newest President/COO sees opportunity in the market continuum between foodservice in K-12 and higher education. Lawn, John // Food Management;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
An interview with Lorna Donatone, president and chief operating officer (COO) of Sodexo Inc.'s Education Market is presented. When asked about the advantages of managing the food service in K-12 and higher education, she explains the distinct operations of Sodexo and cites their different mode...
- Sodexho wins 5-year, $11M contract to run foodservice at N.Y.'s St. John's University. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p28
Reports that food service and facilities management specialist Sodexho USA was awarded a dining services contract for St. John's University in New York. Significance of the contract to the university; Terms of the contract; Benefits of the contract for Sodexho USA's brands.
- Sodexho serves large-portion lunch items. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/97, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p26
Reports on Sodexho USA's launching of a program that allows students at North Allegheny High School in Wexford, Pennsylvania to purchase large-portion at lunch.
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY: Lunch check $6 in law school cafe. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the Tea Room in the former Bullock's Wilshire department store in Los Angeles, California is now the cafeteria for the Southwestern University School of Law. Some of the items offered at the cafeteria; Issues considered in operating the cafeteria; Reward for ten visits to the...
- FLEXIBILITY, TAKE-OUT KEY: CORNELL BOOSTS MEAL PLAN MKTG., OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the meal plans of the Cornell University in Ithaca, New York state. Why the university decided to hire a consultant in its food service operation; Students who participated in the research stage; Cost of the plans.
- IT'S IN THE DRINK. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the trends in food service at various colleges and universities in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Food category with the largest portion of sales.