- Healthy Foods Sell in Brooklyn Hospital. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on the renovation of servery and dining facilities at Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York in collaboration with Metz Culinary Management, which demonstrated the saleability of healthy foods.
- NAKED SALADS... AND THE OCCASIONAL CHOCOLATE TREAT. // Nursing Standard;9/17/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p14
The staff menu at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust was transformed when a new catering contractor was brought in to keep patients and 4,000 staff fed across one acute and three community hospitals.
- Don't Call it a Cafeteria. Shalfi, Marissa // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p42
The article features the opening of the Garden Terrace CafÃ©-Bistro at the Memorial Hospital North in Colorado Springs, Colorado in April 2007. According to the author, the quality, presentation, service and abundance of menu choices make the restaurant more akin to a hotel dining operation...
- Kliman Online. // Washingtonian Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p163
The article presents an interview with a food enthusiast about food service in Washington, D.C. The food enthusiast could not recommend a Vietnamese restaurant in the city. He rather cites a restaurant in Northern Virginia. His attitude towards eating in a restaurant is indicated.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p14
Reports developments related to restaurants in the U.S. as of July 2002. Implementation of nutrition and Headstart programs; Opening of fast-food franchises on hospitals; Expansion of foodservice outlets.
- New cafe takes root. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the opening of the Harvest Cafe at Forest Hills Hospital in New York City in February 2005. Advantages of the cafe for the hospital; Dishes offered by the cafe; Efforts of the cafe to provide healthy food choices.
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Spicing up the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p120
Deals with the growing popularity of Asian dishes at food service outlets in hospitals across the United States. Asian dishes served at the San Francisco General Hospital in California; Explanations from food service officials; Specialties served at the California Pacific Medical Center in...
- Let's Do Chinese. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the production of cook-chill batches of Chinese specialties by the New York University downtown hospital in New York City. Number of authentic lunches for an adult day care center; List of special menus; Insights on central production.