Eastman punches health ticket
- JUGGLING BLUE, WHITE COLLARS: Eastman deploys brands in meeting multiple needs. Pond, James // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p96
Reports on the installation of Virtual Food Court, a multi-brand multi-operator food service offering at Eastman Chemical Company's complex in Kingsport, Tennessee. Several quick-serve brands at the unit; Total foodservice revenue of the operations in the complex; Percentage of sales of...
- Eastman Chemical debuts all-you-can-eat cafÃ©. // FoodService Director;1/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the decision of Eastman Chemical to add an all-you-can-eat cafÃ© called CafÃ© 70 to its 8,000-employee campus. Jean Petke, senior employee services coordinator, says CafÃ© 70 got its start when Eastman could not find a company to replace McDonald's, which gave up its...
- The Consummate Partner. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the food service approach used by Jean Petke, senior employee service coordinator at the Eastman Chemical plant in Kingsport, Tennessee. Petke maintains a good mix of services for Eastman employees by entering agreements with multiple contractors to maximize customer choice...
- Integrated Healthy Eating Effort at Eastman: Dining partners with other departments to establish comprehensive in-house initiative. // Food Management;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the launching of a comprehensive healthy eating program dubbed "Eating Healthy @ Eastman, It's Your Choice" at Eastman Chemical Co. in Kingsport, Tennessee. The program is made possible with the concerted effort of the company's Virtual Food Court team, Eastman Integrated...
- Cracks in the GLASS. King, Paul // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the increase in the number of women in power positions within noncommercial foodservice is increasing. According to Deborah Girvin, director of nutritional services for Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton, Ohio, there are significantly more women in the restaurant industry...
- Square deal. Bourne, R. Wiley // Executive Excellence;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the principles of Eastman Chemical in empowering employees. Implementation of a wellness program; Features of the company's Strategic Intent document; Similarity of the philosophies of George Eastman, founder of Eastman Chemical, and Theodore Roosevelt, former United States president.
- The new face of training. Keith, Joseph D.; Payton, Ellen Smith // Training & Development;Feb95, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p49
Discusses how employee teams at Eastman Chemical met the challenge of a reorganization by creating new training opportunities. Changes in training programs; Identification of core competencies and training options; Use of competencies to determine job expectations; Lessons learned from the...
- A bonus at Eastman. // Chemical Week;2/9/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the final Kodak wage dividend to be received by Eastman Chemical employees on March 11, 1994. Payment breakdown; Payment for 1993; Eastman's completion of phthalate plasticizer expansions at Kingsport, Tennessee.
- Eastman Cuts 100 Jobs. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;6/27/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 25, p31
Reports on the elimination of jobs in one of the Eastman Chemical company's plant. Percentage of the jobs that will be eliminated; Effects of the elimination of jobs to the company; Plans to close other plants.