- Lighting & Electrical. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2007, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p83
The article features several ice control products including Speedwing from Blizzard Snowplows, ice detector from Avionics Corp. and X-pandable Length Snowplow from Fisher.
- 'ANYWHERE IT SNOWS.'. // Manufacturing Today;May/Jun2008, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p101
The article features Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Douglas Dynamics. The company provides snow and ice control equipment with Fisher and Western being the top two brands. General manager Steve Klug explained that the company acquired the Blizzard brand because it owned the patent on the technology....
- Douglas Dynamics Acquires Assets of TrynEx. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;5/ 7/2013, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of TrynEx, Inc., producer of truck-mounted salt and sand spreader equipment under the brand name SnowEx, by Douglas Dynamics, Inc., designer, manufacturer and seller of snow and ice control equipment for light trucks. The purchase price is 26 million...
- Truck products. // Fleet Equipment;Jul98, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p54
Introduces various products for the truck industry. Bandag Incorporated's Ultra All-Position; Tire mounting lubricants from Seacord Corporation; Motion Master from Bostrom Seating and Lord Corporation; Meritor Automotive Incorporated's 2.64 fast axle gear ratio and unitized drive axle pinion...
- Shop equipment. // Fleet Equipment;Jul98, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p64
Presents several equipments for truck industry. Advantage/Globe Lift Systems' 25/25 parallelogram lift; S.K Hand Tool's 12-piece metric flex socket set; Roadnet Beverage Suite from Roadnet Technologies; Bead loosening system from, Gray Professional Service Equipment; Fast-Flate from Fast Flate...
- No slalom on these slopes. Keep, Dale // Roads & Bridges;Sep2001, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the anti-icing techniques used by Cypress Bowl, a ski area in Canada. Application of liquid chemicals for winter maintenance; Cost reduction in using liquid chemicals; Efficacy of the liquid chemicals.
- Laboratory evaluation of verglimit and plusride. Stuart, Kevin D.; Mogawer, Walaa S. // Public Roads;Dec91, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p79
Introduces Verglimit and PlusRide as a technique to help control ice on asphalt pavements and possibly reduce the use of salt. Description of the additives; Effectiveness of additives; Testing program used; Resistance to moisture damage; Resistance to rutting; Low temperature cracking;...
- Snow & Ice Control. // Public Works;Spring2011, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p85
The article lists the companies that cater snow and ice control services in the U.S. including Force America Inc., Cargill Deicing Technology, and GVM Snow Equipment.
- Winter ops networking opportunity. // Public Works;Apr2014, p1
The article offers information on the American Public Works Association's Excellence in Show and Ice Control Awards presented at the North American Snow Conference held in Bloomington, Minnesota.