A Rumble by the River for a Truck-Lite trophy
- SHORT HAULS. Orr, Lance // Overdrive;Jun2005, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p14
Reports developments in truck industry in the U.S. Appointment of Peterbilt owner John Arscott as 2004 Peterbilt Dealer of the Year; Victory of Gatr Volvo in the Volvo Trucks North America service competition; Effort of the American Trucking Association to increase its share of the nation's...
- Shining through adversity. Morgan, M.D.; Hitchcock, Ray // Overdrive;May96, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on the seventh annual Mid-America Pride & Polish competition held during the 1996 Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Kentucky. Organization of the event; Sponsors; Judging; Winners; New categories. INSET: Trucker of the Year honored at ceremony..
- Purple passion. Lockridge, Deborah // Overdrive;Jul97, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p42
Lists winners of `Overdrive' magazine's Pride & Polish competition during the International Trucking Show in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 14-16, 1997. Darian Stephens' purple 1995 Freightliner Classic XL as Best of Show-Bobtail winner; John Kooy Jr.'s light blue 1996 Peterbilt 379 and matching...
- Pride & polish VI. // Overdrive;May95, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p60
Reports on the 1995 `Overdrive' Pride & Polish Truck Beauty Contest at the Mid-America Trucking Show. Best of Show and Truckers' Choice awards; Winners.
- Paschall Truck Lines plans driving championship. // Overdrive;Apr95, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p85
Reports on the driving championship hosted by Paschall Truck Lines of Murray, Kentucky.
- Show trucks in the cornfield. HARTLEY, PAUL // Overdrive;Sep98, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p9
Discusses the 1998 Walcott Truckers Jamboree in the United States. Truck won by Vincent Butera of Fullerton, California; Winners in the Super Truck Beauty Contest.
- Odds-on favorites. Lockridge, Deborah; Johnson, Sage // Overdrive;Jul98, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p58
Details the annual Pride & Polish truck beauty contest at the International Trucking Show in Las Vegas, Nevada held on May 1998. Number of trucks that competed in various categories; Information on the winning trucks and their owners. INSET: Plum incognito.
- Truck beauty contest winners announced. // Overdrive;Aug94, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p17
Presents the winners of two truck beauty contests in the United States. The Crippled Children's Society's World's Greatest Working Truck Show in Los Angeles, Calif.; 1994 Shell SuperRigs Truck Beauty Contest in Nashville, Tenn.; Categories and prizes.
- THE ROOF IS OUT THERE. Young, Dave // Truck & Driver;Apr2002, p34
Features Mill Transport of Bedford, the first organization to operate a LF45 series with a roof extension. Company history; Organizer Ian and Stephanie Footer; Delivery of wholesale brewery to discount warehouses and restaurants.