Breakdown assistance program debuts
- Freightliner breaks ground in China. White, Michael // World Trade;Nov96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p91
Claims that Portland, Oregon-based Freightliner will become the first United States truck manufacturer to assemble trucks in China. Start of its operations; Percent of the share Freightliner will be holding in its joint venture with Shanghai municipal authorities; Expected number of...
- Freightliner plans Class 5s. // Automotive News;10/24/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5575, p33
Reports on Freightliner Corp.'s plan of entering the Class 5 truck market midway through the 1995 model year. Chrysler Corp.'s supply of gasoline engines and automatic transmissions as optional powertrains for the new trucks.
- Freightliner to build trucks in China. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Oct96, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p270
Reports on Freightliner Corp.'s signing of a joint-venture agreement with two Shanghai-based partners to assemble heavy trucks in China under the company, Shanghai Freightliner Truck Co. Ltd. Terms of the agreement; Target annual production of the joint-venture company.
- Freightliner M2 106 Emergency Truck Configurations Now Have Between-the-Rails Fuel Tank Option. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;4/16/2014, p1
The article evaluates the Freightliner M2 106 Emergency Truck from Freightliner Corp.
- U.S. heavy truck manufacturers crack 200,000 Class 8 sales mark. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;1/22/96, Vol. 245 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the possible decline in heavy truck sales in 1996 as the market and the economy react to the heavy truck demand in the United States in 1995. Record sales of Class 8 heavy trucks in 1995; Production cuts of truck manufacturing companies due to the declining demand; Freightliner Corp....
- Business Class M2 production begins, Freightliner adds two new variants. // Refrigerated Transporter;Oct2002, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p24
Introduces Freightliner Corp.'s Business Class M2 line of medium and vocational trucks which are in production at the firm's Mount Holly, North Carolina plant. Tour of the M2 production line by trucking trade press editors in August 2002; Features of the extended cab and crew cab versions of the M2.
- SmartSpec and QuickCare. // Overdrive;May98, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p102
Introduces the SmartSpec and QuickCare, two customer services offered by Peterbilt Motor Company. Advantages of the services; Other services offered by the truck manufacturer.
- A design whose time has come. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Jun98, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the low-cab-forward/cab-over-engine (COE) truck design. Information on the reintroduction of a redesigned Cargo (Class 6 and 7) by Freightliner; Figures on the 1997 production of COE units in the United States; Features of COE trucks.
- Truck makers enjoying a big year. Smallwood, Dean // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on the business performance of the truck industry in the U.S. in 2004. Impact of low interest rate on truck manufacturers; Increase in the demand for heavy-duty trucks in the U.S.; Decision of Freightliner to add various jobs.