E911 Location Company Cites Success in Rural Test
- Dial 9-1-1 for technology. Post, Nadine M.; Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/30/95, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p28
Focuses on the 9-1-1 system of Chicago, Illinois. City's investment of $217 million in computer-driven emergency communications and response facilities that will put the police and fire departments on line; Critics' claim that the money could have been put to better use; Chicago Emergency...
- New codes approved. // Telephony;03/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 9, p125
Reports that the Federal Communications Commission has approved two new emergency codes, namely, 311 for urgent but non-emergency calls to police, and 711 for calls by people with hearing or speech disabilities.
- SCC HELPS PREPARE DENVER FOR EMERGENCIES. // Tele-Service News;Feb2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the telephone-based emergency warning system tested by the company SCC Communications and the City and County of Denver's Department of Safety in Colorado.
- Across America: Local America. // American City & County;Nov94, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the installation of the first emergency response system in Houston, Texas. Tracking of cellular telephone calls; Spectrum Associates' design of the system for the Greater Harris County 9-1-1 Emergency Network.
- Emerging E911: Using Position-Locating Technologies. // Wireless Week;2/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p28
Compares the enhanced 911 (E911) emergency position-location technology to wireless platforms. Factors influencing telecommunication providers on E911 technology.
- IF YOU CALL 9-1-1 ON A CELL PHONE. Denne, Lorene // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/12/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 37, p12A
The article offers some important guidelines when calling the emergency telephone number 911.
- E-911 contracts. Mason, Charles // America's Network;05/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p50
Reports on developments concerning the market for Enhanced 911 technology as of May 1998. Activation of XE-911 system by Xypoint Corp. and Centennial Cellular; SCC Communications' agreement to provide wireless E-911 services to all of Vanguard Cellular Systems Inc.'s markets.
- Suburban Chicago towns centralize 911 services. // Communications News;Oct94, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the decision of several Chicago towns to centralize their 911 services. Challenges faced by the police, fire and emergency medical personnel due to the area's economic growth; Naming of the common service as the Northwest Central Dispatch System (NWCDS); Impact on accuracy and speed...
- Dispatch mixup throws spotlight on critical emergency service needs. Biundo, Jen // Free Press (Buda, TX);4/18/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p1A
The article reports on the dispatch mixup in the 911 emergency communications of Uhland, Texas during a family's call for help when their child got hit by a stray bullet.