Bell Mobility Targets Youthful Passion for `Secret' Messaging
- Bell Mobility starts CDMA-based PCS. // RCR;10/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p34
States that Bell Mobility launched its PCS Plus personal communications services networks. Locations were the services were launched; How the service will benefit subscribers; Comments from Bob Ferchat, Bell Mobility's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Socket Ships First Digital Phone Cards to Bell Mobility. // Tele-Service News;Oct99, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the shipment of the Digital Phone Card Data Connection Kit for mobile computers from Socket Communications Inc. to Bell Mobility company.
- Canadians Make `Wireless To Go' A Popular Service. Careless, James // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p38
Provides information on the digital data service offered by Bell Mobility in Canada. Costs of the service; Response of customers to the service; Background on the company.
- Bell Mobility plans location services. // RCR Wireless News;12/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51/52, p16
Reports on the plan of Canadian telecommunication carrier Bell Mobility to offer basic location-based services through its MyFinder application and to expand the service with additional features in 2003. Capabilities of the MyFinder service; Cost of the service for each use; Other companies...
- Wireless Data Markets Poised To Explode. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p38
Reports on the increase of the wireless data markets in the United States (US). Service launched by Bell Mobility Ltd.; Details on the projections on the arrival of wireless data; Number of wireless data users in the US; Data rates offered by different carriers; Technologies that created a lot...
- The roaming question. Fitchard, Kevin // Global Telephony;Mar2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p2
Reports the commercial deployment of the first wireless code division multiple access 2000 1x network by Bell Mobility Inc. in Canada. Need for roaming support from the U.S.; Launch of 3g networks; Market comparison with the U.S.
- Wireless Upgrades. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p10
Reports the launching of the CDMA 3G wireless network of Bell Mobility in Canada.
- Time for UM? Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;08/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p46
Deals with the advantages of unified messaging (UM). Expectations of analysts on UM marketability; UM service launched by GTE Internetworking; Features and benefits of the UM service being offered by Bell Mobility; Challenges of transporting voice in UM.
- Bell Mobility selects NeoPoint phone. // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p14
Reports that Bell Mobility has signed an agreement with NeoPoint Inc. to introduce the NeoPoint smart phone to Bell Mobility Digital personal communications services customers in Canada.