- The wireless growth engine. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;02/12/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p99
Reports on the fourth-quarter earnings of several telecommunication carriers in the United States in 2000. Sprint PCS; Verizon Communications; AT&T Wireless.
- GOING WIRELESS. Brown, Ken Spencer // Orange County Business Journal;05/22/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p20
Reports on wireless telephone companies' plan to offer Internet access in Orange County, California. Provision of access to electronic mail and voice-activated information services; AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s offering of free access to Web sites; Free Internet access from Sprint PCS.
- Analysts: Sharing Not Bad For Tower Industry. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the plans of AT&T Wireless and Sprint PCS to cooperate on the construction of new wireless towers in the U.S. as of March 1, 2003. Views of analysts on the effort; Features of the plan of sharing tower inventory information; Significance of sharing in the tower industry.
- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;4/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p8
Cites update on the wireless communications industry as of April 15, 2002. Drop in the stock price trading of Sprint PCS; Revenue growth posted by the wireless local area networking equipment market in 2001; Value of the senior unsecured notes offering completed by AT&T Wireless Incorporated.
- The Shoes Fit. // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p26
Presents a list of the top 10 telecommunication companies in the United States in 2000. Verizon Wireless; Cingular Wireless; AT&T Wireless; Sprint PCS. INSET: With Leadership Comes Responsibility.
- Carriers get game, ring tones. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the move of Verizon Wireless, AT & T Wireless Services Inc. and Sprint PCS to offer games and downloadable ring tones to its customers. Content service marketing of Verizon; Partnership entered by AT & T and Sprint PCS with Walt Disney Internet Group; Number of applications offered...
- Competitors gain from high sub losses at AWS. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p3
Deals with the advantages of the loss of customers of AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) to other wireless phone companies. Reason for the loss of customers of AWS; Customer growth of Cingular Wireless from the first quarter of 2003; Benefits of the troubles of AWS to Sprint PCS.
- Weathering The Storm. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the addition of customers in the list of wireless telecommunication carriers in the United States. Subscribers added by Sprint PCS; Subscribers of AT&T Wireless; Customers signed up by Cingular Wireless.
- TELECOM GOING MOBILE. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p82
Reports on the continuing growth of the wireless communication market as of November 2000. Wireless business of AT&T Wireless and Sprint PCS; Demand for wireless connections; Changes in the wireless market.