FPA names five new members to Board of Directors
- Johannessen Tapped as President-Elect, Three Members Join Board of Directors. Ballinger, Beau // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2007 Supplement, p28
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association has named financial planner Mark E. Johannessen as president-elect for the year 2007. Michael Busch, Bonnie Hughes, and Bill Moran will join the association's Board of Directors for three-year terms. Johannesen, a managing director of...
- Mark Johannessen On His Calling -- and Yours. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16
An interview Mark E. Johannessen, president of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), is presented. When asked about the FPA's 2008 agenda he states that it is advocacy for the financial planning profession and consumers. He indicates that the purpose of the initiative entitled Co-creating...
- New faces win seats on FPA board. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;10/13/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the elected members of the board of directors of Financial Planning Association in Australia. List of the winners; Designation of a seat for the board members ; Call to stop destroying the reputation of financial planners.
- FPA Names Gjertsen as President-Elect. Paikert, Charles // Financial Planning;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p24
The article announces the designation of Edward Gjertsen II as president-elect of the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) board of directors.
- ASIC urges FPA to get tougher. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;11/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p12
The article reports that the chairman of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Jeffrey Lucy has urged the Financial Planning Association to firmly imposed disciplinary procedures to members who failed to live up to expectations. One mechanism would be the expulsion of its members....
- HOW SUCCESS IS MEASURED. // Financial Planning;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p92
Features financial planner Ross Levin of Accredited Investors Inc. Information on his Wealth Management Index; Priority of Accredited Investors; Goal of Levin.
- ICFP BRIEFS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1999, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p12
Presents news briefs related to the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) and to the financial planning profession as of August 1999. Information on the 1999 Certified Financial Planners Annual Conference held in Dallas, Texas; Award received by Charles G. Hughes, Jr., president of...
- The Scope and Practice of Comprehensive Financial Planning: Survey Results, Current Standards, and Engagement Letter Recommendations. Chene, Douglas; Gold, Joel; Gramlich, Jeffrey // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2010, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p47
This paper examines the issue of whether the adjective "comprehensive" is appropriate for describing professionals who provide financial planning advice to individuals. We first consider how the term "comprehensive financial planning" developed, and explain what this term means to financial...
- Nick Nicolette on the Lawsuit, the Irrelevance of Legal Definitions, and Elder Care as the New Must-Know Topic. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
The article presents an interview with Nick Nicolette, the Principal at Sterling Financial Planning and 2007 president of the Financial Planning Association. Topics discussed include the Financial Planning Association's progress in the areas of membership growth, improving outreach to major...