THE MANAGEMENT OF CAPITAL BY THE COMPANY OF SCOTLAND 1696-1707
- Capital budgeting. Chen, Theodore // Financial Management;Mar2006, p41
The article discusses the importance of conducting an evaluation on the capital expenditure when acquiring fixed assets. A financial analyst recommended the discounted corporate cash flow method to be used in the evaluation. Extra care should be taken into consideration when acquiring capital...
- Some options for parking cash in the short term. Hyatt, Michael S. // Fort Worth Business Press;2/14/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p24
Presents information on the options in keeping cash flow for business expenses. Benefits of Certificates of Deposit; Agency discount notes; Auction preferred stock.
- Manage company's cash flow and control working capital. Linn, Robert H. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;5/27/96, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the need to manage a company's cash flow and control its working capital. Underestimation of the value of the cash flow; Importance of cash-management strategies; Need to familiarize with the revenue and cost cycles of businesses.
- Taking control of your company's cash. Miller, Steve // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/08/96, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p14
Emphasizes the importance of sound cash management strategies in corporate growth. Accumulation of capital through management of cash flow; Cash-flow cycle; Importance of inventory control; Improvement of management-information systems; Corporate benefits which can be derived from the...
- Balancing cash flow and overhead. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;2/29/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p9
Reports ways how business enterprises can monitor and ease their cash flow. Importance of strategic ways to handle income and expenses; Qualifications for credit lines or short-term loans; Statements from Albert Calem, professor at Inter American University's Entrepreneurial Institute.
- A second look at corporate cash management. Dobson, G.M. // Management Review;Aug77, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p33
Examines cash management systems of corporations in the United States. Collection of cash receipts; Handle of cash disbursements; Characteristics of a good cash manager.
- Night of the living dead. Kirkby, Andera // Credit Management;Nov2011, p30
The article reports that the business organizations that have enough cash flow to service their debts, but not to make repayments, are becoming an increasing problem in Great Britain.
- Valuation under Uncertainty - Using Certainty Equivalents or Risk-adjusted Discount Rates? // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Jul2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p311
Focuses on the use of certainty equivalents and risk-adjusted discount rates in discounting cash flows. Factors affecting cash flow distributions; Significance of capital market data to the valuation of discount rates.
- Turnaround Tuesday: Comarco's Loss of Largest Customer Causes Doubts. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/30/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p11
The article focuses on the financial loss suffered by power adapter manufacturer Comarco Inc. The company, headquartered in Lake Forest, California, has anticipated it will continue to run at a deficit and will be cash flow negative in the near future. It had 7.1 million dollars in negative...