Feedstocks unsettle markets
- Price Declines Likely in October; Margins Expected to Expand. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/25/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p55
The article reports that prices of most polymers are expected to soften in October 2006 in line with sharp falls in feedstock costs and easing demand. Margins, however, will likely increase as feedstock cost declines outpace price reductions, according to analysts. Market players are predicting...
- Asian styrenic margins pressured from both ends. Ong, Clive // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p14
The article reports on the impact of high feedstock prices and weak demand on styrenic plastics margins in Asia. Resin sellers expressed the difficulty of passing high feedstock costs in plastics prices. Meanwhile, molders and fabricators revealed slow orders for toys, consumer electronics,...
- Strong Demand, Higher Feedstocks Lift Polyolefins. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/24/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 17, p40
Reports on the price increases of polyolefins prompted by higher feedstock prices and rising demand. Rate of price increases; Reason for the increase in demand for polyolefins; Price increases announced by polypropylene producers.
- SAP. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2159, p31
Features the chemical superabsorbent polymers (SAP). Uses; Dependence of the price of SAP on absorption; Forecast for global demand growth in Europe by 2010.
- Values Remain At Scrap Levels. // Aircraft Value News;11/26/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p5
The article presents an update on the value of the DC10-30 aircraft. Its value continues to be affected by a combination of age, reliability and high fuel prices. During the rapid expansion of the international market in the late 1980s caused values of the DC10-30 to almost double to nearly $40...
- DMT hit by feedstock hike. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/12/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2108, p10
Reports on the increase in European dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) prices due to the growth in feedstock costs in 2004. Increase in DMT numbers; Views on the availability of DMT; Percentage of the increase in DMT demand.
- Farm-based feedstock demand could double. Spackman, Paul // Farmers Weekly;7/4/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 25, p15
The article predicts that agricultural feedstocks demand is expected to increase according to a report by the Anaerobic Digestion & Biogas Association (Adba).
- JANUARY SET TO RISE ON HIGHER FEEDSTOCKS. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p48
The article presents information on Asian commodity polymer prices in 2005. It reports on the increase in polyethylene prices in December. It cites the effect of strong demand and high prices in the U.S., South America and Central America on Asian cargoes. It presents the signs that maker...
- Melamine. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/12/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 13, p35
The article offers information on the chemical melamine. Melamine is used to make molding powder that is used in dinner ware, coatings in cars, fan coils and appliances. Demand for melamine has been fragile throughout the year, with end-markets not yet showing much certainty in recovery,...