- Liquid polyester resin: A vehicle for coil coating. Satpute, Anuradha; Gangotri, L. T. // Paintindia;Nov2008, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p87
Liquid polyester resins of molecular weight 1000-3000 having terminating carboxy groups were prepared using diethylene glycol and maleic anhydride. Low molecular weight liquid polyester (100% NVM) was found to have the viscosity as low as 10 poise. 1% concentration of hexemine as curing agent...
- Lean and Green Is the Recipe in Resins. Challener, Cynthia // Chemical Market Reporter;10/28/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 15, pFR 12
Focuses on the contributions of resins for solvent-free coatings on the gross domestic product in the U.S. Growth in the coating market in the country; Domination of performance of the resin market; Development of environmentally friendly products.
- Bring 'Smell' of Success to Coatings Manufacturers. Mateer, Charles C.; Barbieri, Dave; Richards, Susan // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p48
Discusses developments in the manufacturing process of styrene/maleic anhydride (SMA) resins that will enable more coatings to be formulated with SMA resins. Comparison between base resins and ester resins; Elimination of acetophenone odor; Reduction of the volatile organic compound (VOC)...
- Efficient, high-performance formulation additives. // European Coatings Journal;Apr2011, Issue 4, p92
The article offers brief information on several formulation additives for coatings including Foamstar A 38 defoamer, DSX 3801 volatile organic compounds (VOC)-free, mid-shear rheology modifier, and Rheovis 162 modifier from BASF SE.
- Silicon-based resin technology for high-temperature powder coatings. Witucki, Gerald L.; Gable, Daniel P. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Feb99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p78
Discusses the development in silicon-based resins for high-temperature powder coatings. Performance of phenyl- and methyl-based formulations; Synthesis of silicone resins; Use of metallic pigments to maximize thermal properties.
- Electrodeposition of Coatings II - Anodic ED. Schoff, Clifford K. // CoatingsTech;Oct2011, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p56
The article discusses the electrodeposition process for coatings, which includes anodic electrodeposition (AED) and cathodic electrodeposition (CED). Anodic electrodeposition involves the deposition of negatively charged polymers along with pigments and additives on anodes to be painted. Various...
- Multipurpose glazing varnish based on shellac and synthetic resin. Goswami, D. N.; Singh, D. D.; Baboo, B. // Paintindia;Feb2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p67
Metal objects/artifacts made of brass, copper, aluminium etc. tarnish on exposure to atmosphere. These require periodic cleaning of the oxidative coating by rubbing/polishing formulations. Similarly, other materials like, plastic, rexin, painted artworks, murals, rubber etc. become dull and...
- Chain Extender Evaluation for Polyurethanes Derived from Hydroxyl-Terminated Polybutadiene Resins. Chao, Herbert; Nan Tian // Paint & Coatings Industry;Apr2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p86
The article discusses the use of polybutadiene resins in the coatings industry. It relates that polyurethanes based on polybutadiene have excellent chemical resistance and electrical insulation properties. It examines the compatibility of low molecular weight diols with hydroxyl-terminated...
- Aluminium paint in dual container. Hulyalkar, Mukund // Paintindia;Sep2011, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p82
The article shows the process of making an aluminium paint in a dual container. The paint is composed of 48 kilograms of hydrocarbon resin, .05 kilograms of cobalt drier, and 2 kilograms of long oil alkyd, where the mixture is combined with a total of 100 liters of aluminium paste. After the...