Industry welcomes ICIS US biodiesel report
- GREEN FUEL from rape poised for take-off. Blake, Andrew; Gairdner, Julian // Farmers Weekly;11/18/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 21, p60
The article presents the views of "Farmers Weekly" barometer farmer Andrew Martin on biodiesel made on farms in Great Britain. He predicts that biodiesel will be powering many more vehicles within the next 18 months. Martin sees the exercise as an ideal opportunity to add value to an otherwise...
- National Mission on Biodiesel - the loopholes in the plans. Venkataraman, N. S. // Chemical Business;Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
Reflects on the National Mission on Biodiesel initiative announced by the government of India in February 2006. Implementation of the initiative; Price of biodiesel; Problems to be considered in fixing the price of biodiesel.
- Alternative Fuels. Bryner, Michelle // Chemical Week;12/19/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 41, p18
The article reports on the increasing use of alternative fuels as petroleum costs escalate, light oil reserves diminish and environmental issues raise concerns. Bioethanol, biodiesel and other alternative fuels will be needed to fill an expected petroleum supply gap. Global demand for...
- Shipping obstacles. Rodda, Kelli // GMPRO - Greenhouse Management & Production;Jun2007, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
The article focuses on shipping of plant materials. According to the author, greenhouse growers will budget more for delivering plants in 2007 as the average price of diesel is predicted to rise to $2.75 per gallon while Federal Express and United Parcel Service increased their ground shipment...
- LPG is a genuine alternative for motorists. // MarketWatch: Energy;Oct2008, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p9
The article provides an assessment on the increased popularity of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as motorists' alternative to reduce fuel expenditure in Europe. It relates that it has been attracting media coverage due to its favorable price, in comparison with fossil fuels. It perceives that it...
- Grease is the Word. Franklin, Jonathan // Latin Trade (English);Jul2002, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the use of recycled french-fry fuel from several McDonald's restaurants by a team of cars motoring around Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. Components of bio-diesel fuel; Number of hectares set aside by the Brazil Ministry of Agriculture for use in oil production for transportation.
- West Michigan: Alternative Fuel Capital? // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p4
Comments on Michigan as the alternative fuel capital of the world. Information on the fuel research of Grand Valley State University; Source of biodiesel fuel; Participants in the biodiedel fuel project.
- Planting our own oilfields. Wilks, Neil // Professional Engineering;2/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on the prospects of biodiesel as an alternative transport fuel in Great Britain. Description of how biodiesel is produced; Reduction of carbon dioxide emissions; Production of biodiesel from used cooking oil; Business opportunity for oilseed crop farmers. INSETS: Environment department...
- Mike Pelly's biodiesel update. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun2001, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p111
Presents an update in the advancement and development of biodiesel. INSET: Most of us have heard about California's... (rolling blackouts).