Borealis hastens lead time
- Polymers for PP fibers for high performing textiles. // Technical Textiles / Technische Textilen;Sep2007, Vol. 50 Issue 3, pE179
The article describes the series of polymers for polypropylene fibers from Borealis AG.
- Polyolefins, PVC yet to be hit by Asia woes. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/23/98, Vol. 253 Issue 8, p6
Reports that the European polymer market has avoided downward pressure on prices as a result of the Asian economic crisis according to polyolefins producer Borealis. Rise in Borealis' operating profit in the fourth quarter of 1997; Average prices for polyolefins; Borealis' involvement in...
- BOREALIS buys out DuPont's share of Belgium-based JV. // Canadian Plastics;Sep2014, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that chemical supplier Borealis AG has bought DuPont Co.'s two-thirds share of the companies' Speciality Polymers Antwerp N.V. joint venture in Zwijndrecht, Belgium.
- Frustated Producers Target Niche Markets. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;4/5/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p33
The article reports on the move of European polymer producers to target additional increases for high-end markets to gain leverage for broader price initiatives. Borealis has announced a price increase for polypropylene used in automotive and appliance applications. Polystyrene prices are...
- Borealis Expects Success in 2004. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/8/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the financial performance of polyolefins producer Borealis AS during the fourth quarter of 2003. Rate of increase in sales; Prospects for 2004.
- Polymers for PP fibers for high performing textiles. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2007, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p171
The author reports that a new series of polymers for polypropylene (PP) textile fibers by the company, Borealis AG, can enable high quality and long-service life for carpets and upholstery. A stabilization package doubles the long term heat and stability. Discoloration or fading is avoided in...
- Polymers from gas. // Process Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p13
Reports that Lurgi's methanol-to-polypropylene process has been used to produce plastic cups by Borealis. Option for converting natural gas to methanol; Cost effectiveness of the process.
- Borealis offers debt to the region. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/6/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 23, p8
Reports on the debt package offered by Borealis to Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. in the United Arab Emirates. Value of the package; Background on the company; Details of the corporate borrowings of the company.
- Borealis. // Chemical Week;9/21/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 31, p26
This article predicts the plastics business of Borealis AS. The demand for its polyolefins solutions is driven by the ability of these materials to meet the increasingly high performance and innovation expected by consumers and demanded by customers for products such as food packaging, transport...