Mobile firms launch green scheme
- EC changes plan to cut roaming cost. Savvas, Antony // Computer Weekly;6/27/2006, p14
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) has unveiled its latest proposal to help cut mobile phone roaming charges. The EC is preparing to table formal proposals on the costs imposed by each operator on their rivals. Initially, the EC proposed that customers should not be charged...
- New Models Aim At Higher Prices. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the additional features included in the cellular telephones offered by vendors. Expectations of vendors on the next-generation phones; Factors that will drive the sale of the phones; Share of Nokia Corp. in the cellular market.
- 3G mobiles to be 56% of all sales. // Electronics Weekly;1/16/2002, Issue 2035, p7
Reports on the forecast of Yankee Group company about the sales of third generation mobile telephones in Europe in 2006. Forecast on the slow down of handset sales in 2001; Estimated growth rate of handset sales in 2001.
- Messaging moves from ears to thumbs to eyes. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p12
Focuses on the emergence of picture messaging in cellular telephones offered by wireless carriers. Evolution of cellular phones; Picture messaging services launched by carriers in Europe; Free trials on multimedia messaging service offered by carriers.
- Prepaid: Operators shy away from data. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p18
Reports that cellular communications services companies in Asia are reluctant to give prepaid customers the same services given to postpaid customers. Possible key to unlocking growth by offering additional functionality and choice; Discrimination against prepaid customers with regards to...
- Base station deployments in Europe to double by 2005. // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p28
Forecasts increase in base station deployments of cellular radio in Europe in 2005. Estimated growth of deployment; Leadership of Netherlands and Belgium during the forecast period; Impact of the exceptional performance of the cellular market on rate of base station deployment.
- Cellular Markets (21-40). // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p18
Ranks cellular telephone markets in the United States based on its number of subscribers as of May 2001.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Els, Frik // Finance Week;6/28/2002, p65
Provides information on cellular phone manufacturers in South Africa as of June 2002. Reason for the slump in the global handset sales; Only color multimedia messaging (MMS)-capable handset which is on the market in first quarter of 2002; Companies that plan to launch a MMS-capable handset.
- Mobile content for the text generation. Bonello, Deborah // Campaign;6/15/2001, Issue 24, p14
Analyzes the marketing potential of mobile phones using text messages in Great Britain. Short messaging services offered by Finnish firm Riot-e in several countries; Funding, founders and target audience of Riot-e; Offer of free text messaging services by Flytxt and Worldpop.