Asian styrene values are set to drop
- Styrene takes off... Hariharan, Malini; Bianchi, Monica // Asian Chemical News;3/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 439, p14
Reports on the supply and demand of styrene in the global market. Factors which contributed to the increase in price of styrene in the global market; Changes in the prices of styrene in Asia; Actions taken by China to boost styrene production; Forecast on the growth in styrene demand between...
- China holds key to Asian SM. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on the performance of the styrene monomer (SM) market in Asia as of February 2006. The SM prices are expected to affect the demand for the chemical in China. The strong prices in the start of the year was attributed to firm crude oil costs. The SM capacities in the continent...
- Market Intelligence. O'Connor, Rhian // ICIS Chemical Business;8/17/2015, Issue 3672, p21
The article reports on the gradual increase in the prices of spot styrene in Europe as of August 11, 2015 due to expectations of domestic shortages and concerns that incoming imports will be delayed. Topics discussed include the volume of products that may be missing in September 2015 and...
- Deep-sea inflows to boost Asian SM. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/13/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 16, p20
The article reports that Asia will have 50,000 tonnes of deep-sea styrene monomer (SM) cargoes from the U.S. in June and July 2013. It states that the SM prices in Asia are more prominent than the market in the U.S. which have been trading at approximately $1,565-$,587 per tonne. It also notes...
- Asia SM uptrend cut short by strong build-up in China inventory. Ong, Clive // ICIS Chemical Business;6/23/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 24, p3
The article discusses spot styrene monomer (SM) prices in Asia as of June 2014, with a focus on the effect of a build-up of SM inventory in China. Topics include Chinese exports of SM, demand for SM from the styrenic resins sector, and forecasts for SM prices. Imports of SM from the Middle East...
- Styrene Contracts Likely to Slump. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;6/27/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 25, p15
Focuses on the expected decline of styrene contracts in Europe during the third quarter of 2001. Reasons for the decline; Percentage decline of styrene prices from April to June 2001; Amount of styrene exported from Russia to western Europe in May 2001.
- Styrene. // Chemical Week;5/24/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 21, p60
Reports on the prices of styrene in the United States (US), Europe and Asia as of May 24, 2000. Performance of the US styrene market; Impact of plant outages on styrene prices; Spot prices of styrene.
- Styrene Increase. // Chemical Week;9/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 33, p29
Focuses on the price increase for styrene contracts in September 2000. Reason behind the price increase; Prices of spot styrene.
- Producers Try to Shore Up Margins... Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;8/29/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32/33, p11
Announces the increase in the prices of styrene contracts. Factors contributing to the price increases; Instability of the styrene industry; Rise in the prices of benzene.