Methanol suppliers persist in staging a Q4 price push
- Methanol sellers seek hikes but buyers push for roll-over. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/29/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2093, p12
Reports on the increase in methanol prices sought by methanol sellers in Europe. Minimum price increase expected by sellers; Impact of the production of chemical offshore on the price of methanol.
- Acetic acid price hike foiled. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p10
Reports on the factors that influenced the attempt of acetic acid producers to increase prices in the second quarter of 2004. Demand for acetic acid production in the Far East and India; Limitation of the supplies of methanol; State of spot prices for methanol in the second quarter of 2004.
- Asian OX faces rate cuts. BRICE, ANDY; LOH, BOHAN // ICIS Chemical Business;5/16/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 17, p20
The article reports that major Asian orthoxylene (OX) suppliers are reducing operating rates further hurting the aromatic's availability in the region in the coming months. As major sellers react to the rising price of feedstock isomer grade mixed xylene (MX), production is set to be impacted....
- Markets remain quiet and snug. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 35, p50
The article looks at the performance of commodity petrochemical markets. Further outages hit European ethylene and propylene, with the latter reaching record highs on limited supplies. Naphtha prices in Asia rose slightly, helped by overnight crude gains. Ammonia prices are firming in Europe and...
- C2 market diverges. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/18/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 487, p26
Presents an update on bulk chemical prices in the Asian market as of April 2005. Comparison of ethylene prices in Northeast Asia and Southeast Asia; Reaction of consumers to butadiene price increase; Impact of the outage of Kaltim Methanol Industri's plant in Indonesia on methanol prices.
- MOST-READ. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p7
The article offers most-read news briefs related to the chemical industry including fire at Nan Ya Plastics' synthetic paper plant in Chiayi County, Taiwan, strike at French port and price rise of petrochemical products in Asia.
- CHINA IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/4/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p15
The article offers news briefs related to chemical industry of China which includes fall in the prices of polycarbonate (PC) market, increase in the price of 2-ethylhexanol (EH) from Qilu Petrochemical Corp. and expected increase in the price of butyl acrylate (butyl-A).
- Players still reporting price hikes globally. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;2/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 5, p15
The article presents the author's views on price increase in the chemical industry in Europe.
- Specialties Pricing. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/20/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 13, p13
Reports developments related to price increases in the chemical industry as of October 2003.