- Songwon Mulls Stabilizer Manufacture in the Mideast. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;2/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the plan of Songwon Industrial, a producer of polymer stabilizers, to establish manufacturing activities in the Middle East in 2010.
- Songwon announces the expansion of its new isobutylene facility. // Chemical Business;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p73
The article reports on the expanded capacity of Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.'s isobutylene (IBL) production plant at the Maean complex in South Korea to 40,000 tons from 30,000 tons.
- Markets Watch. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p25
The article provides a market update on the chemical industry in 2007. Arkema lifted force majeure on caustic soda and chlorine supplies in January 2007 from its 341,000 tons per year plant at Lavera, France. Dow Chemical intends to raise global prices for QUAT 188 cationic reagent by 8 cents...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;11/26/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 30, p14
The article presents news briefs concerning construction projects in the chemical industry as of November, 2012. The energy company Gulf of Guinea Oil Exploration will build a methanol plant in Nigeria by 2015. The construction company Foster Wheeler has been awarded a contract for a chemical...
- Songwon JV to start Houston additives plant in mid-April. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;3/25/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p13
The article reports that a Houston, Texas additives chemical plant joint venture of the chemical companies Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd., Pan Gulf Holding, and Polysys Industries is scheduled to begin operating in April 2013.
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p27
This section offers news briefs related to the plastics and basic chemicals sector, which include the increased isobutylene capacity of Songwon Industrial and high butadiene contracts in North America in June 2010.
- Asia Watch. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p12
This article presents updates on the chemical industry in Asia. Clariant International and Korea's Songwon Industrial Co. have ended their antioxidant cooperation agreement. The overall growth of Singapore's domestic exports of non-electronic products moderated to 1.4% in August, but was buoyed...
- Songwon JV inaugurates OPS plant in Abu Dhabi. PROTTI-ALVAREZ, FRANCINIA // Chemical Week;1/25/2016, Vol. 178 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the January 21, 2016 opening of the one-pack systems (OPS) plant of Polysys Additive Technologies Middle East (PAT ME), a joint venture of polymer stabilizers company Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd., Pan Gulf Holding, and Polysys Industries, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Business & Industry. // JCT CoatingsTech;Jul2007, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p19
This section offers news briefs related to the coatings industry. Akzo Nobel has reserved a 50-hectare plot within the Ningbo Chemical Industry Zone (Zone) in Ningbo, China for two chemical plants. Atlas Weathering Services Group, a division of Atlas Material Testing Technology will open a...