Going it alone
- Lanxess Details Plans for Saltigo; May Add cGMP Unit. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/16/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 39, p23
This article reports on the plan of Lanxess for Saltigo, the fine chemicals business that will be spun off from Lanxess as a separate legal entity in the second quarter of 2006. The restructuring will help reduce costs and turn Saltigo into a market-oriented custom manufacturing service...
- Lanxess' Saltigo seeks challenge. Mirasol, Feliza // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/5/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p30
This article talks about Saltigo, a Lanxess subsidiary. Though only a year old, Saltigo boasts an already growing customer base. Managing director Axel Westerhaus said unlinking from Bayer was a key move for the company in order to be successful in the contract manufacturing market. According to...
- Saltigo undertakes major expansion of production. // Chemical Business;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p77
The article reports on the cooperation agreement signed by Saltigo with crop protection agent firm Syngenta to expand several of the former's facilities in Leverkusen, Germany. Syngenta will invest roughly 50 million euro in the project, which will substantially increase Saltigo's capacity for...
- Going it alone. Williams, Dede; Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/2/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 12, p34
The article reports on splitting of two chemical industries Saltigo and Lanxess in April this year, explaining the main reason of separation as market forces. Other reasons could be the customers who are more comfortable knowing their suppliers are independent of other corporate interests even...
- Clariant/Lanxess shuffle managers. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/18/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 24, p17
The article announces personnel changes at chemical companies Clariant and Saltigo, including the resignation of Saltigo CEO Axel Westerhaus who was replaced by Wolfgang Schmitz and the appointment of Andreas Walde as head of legal affairs at Clariant.
- European Chemical Earnings Rise on Improved Volumes. Walsh, Kerri; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/10/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 11, p17
The article reports on the sales and earnings posted by late-reporting European chemical companies in the first quarter of 2010. The chemicals business of Total posted an operating income of 157 million Euro, on 31 percent sales increase. Evonik Industries reported a 32 percent increase in...
- Lanxess Builds Plastics Facilities in India. Ramesh, Deepth // Chemical Week;6/21/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 15, p16
The article reports on the plan of specialty chemical manufacturer Lanxess to invest over 10 million euros to construct compounding facilities with an initial combined capacity of 20,000 million tons per year to produce Durethan and Pocan engineering plastics at its site in Jhagadia, India.
- LANXESS On Track with EPDM Project in China. // Wire & Cable Technology International;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p26
The article informs that German specialty chemicals company Lanxess AG is investing 235 million euro in its world-scale ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) production plant in Changzhou, China, as of November 2013.
- Higher PA resin prices. // Melliand International;Mar2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that Lanxess AG, specialty chemicals company in Leverkusen, Germany has increased its prices because of ongoing big level raw material costs.