Securing value in China
- Lilly Voices Its Concerns About China. // Chain Drug Review;4/26/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p197
The article focuses on the intellectual property rights issue in China which was cited by Eli Lilly and Co.
- Depression Update. // PharmaWatch: CNS;Mar2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the pharmaceutical industry. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled in favor of Pfizer in a lawsuit by generic manufacturer Teva Pharmaceuticals challenging the patent for antidepressant Zoloft. The "British Medical Journal" has...
- firms, pharmaceutical. Mason, Mike // Globalization & Development: A Glossary;2005, p49
An encyclopedia entry for "pharmaceutical firms" is presented. Companies that dominate the pharmaceutical industry include GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Pfizer and Eli Lilly. The four companies operate like a cartel. During the Uruguay Round of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)...
- Analysts unfazed by Lilly's freeze. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p1A
Reports on the announcement of a global hiring freeze by Eli Lilly and Co. Impact of the changing market place on the profit margins; Management of the broad patent exposure; Effects of generic competition and price controls on the pharmaceutical company.
- Lilly and ScinoPharm settle gemcitabine patent litigations. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;Sep2009, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the amicable resolution for the patent litigation between Eli Lilly & Co. and ScinoPharm Taiwan Ltd. in the U.S. It states that under the agreement, Lilly will grant the ScinoPharm, a provider of research and development and active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing...
- Industry continues dabbling with open innovation models. Sheridan, Cormac // Nature Biotechnology;Dec2011, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p1063
The article highlights several initiatives aimed at improving drug research and development. It reports on the WIPO Re:Search initiative, a collaboration of seven large pharmaceutical companies and biotech firm Alnyulam with the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPOO) to share...
- LILLY'S TERIPARATIDE GETS POSITIVE OPINION FROM CPMP. // Worldwide Biotech;Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the positive opinion issued by the European Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products concerning the teriparatide (rDNA origin) injection from Lilly.
- Eli Lilly and Co. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p35
Features Eli Lilly and Co., an Indianapolis, Indiana-based pharmaceutical company. Stock value; Major shareholders; Executive compensation; Corporate directors.
- Lilly looms larger. Jefferson, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/19/99, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1A
Reports on Indianapolis, Indiana-based drug firm Eli Lilly's expansion plan in Indiana. Company profile; Effect on the cultural and economic makeup of Indiana; Pledge of investments for construction and renovation projects; Projects; Addition of employees. INSET: In first speech to Indy...