Generics: heading towards consolidation?
- Industry Perspectives : Pharmacy. // Chain Drug Review;8/5/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p17
The authors discuss the development which has taken place in the pharmaceutical market. They mention that several primary drugs have been replaced by effective generic substitutes and patents of major drugs have expired. They highlight that pharmaceutical companies should search customer-centric...
- Launches boom as branded drugs lose patents. Buono, Drew // Drug Store News;9/24/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p36
The article reports on the expected increase of sales for generic drugs between 2007 and 2012 in IMS Health in the U.S. It is said that the sales growth is based on the expiration of patents for branded drugs. The author cited the generic drugs that will reap sales in 2012. Moreover, it has...
- Betting on biogenerics. Dove, Alan // Nature Biotechnology;Feb2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p117
Focuses on the decision taken by the pharmaceutical industry to manufacture own versions of generic drugs. Reason for the industry's decision; Scope of the drug manufacturing business in the global market; Steps to be taken by manufacturers to produce generic drugs similar to branded drugs;...
- FILLING THE PHARMA PIPELINE. // Chemistry in Australia;Dec2011, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p9
The article reveals that a number of blockbuster patents will expire and generic pharmaceuticals will win market share from the originator pharmaceutical companies in Australia in 2012.
- Generics. Marsh, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/2/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6712, p1357
Focuses on the dispute in the drug industry between the research based pharmaceutical companies and smaller groups for product patents. Action of the research groups for generic prescription; Argument of the research groups over the government policy; Explanation of the factors of anguish to...
- Patent Losses To Create Big Opportunities. // Chain Drug Review;2/28/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p65
The article presents the EvaluatePharma report which highlights the challenges that confront the innovator drug industry and the opportunities awaiting the generics drug sector, and shows that 13 blockbuster drugs will lose patent protection in 2013 in the U.S.
- Branded drug companies' future pain spells big gains for generic drug makers. West, Diane // Drug Store News;03/04/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the business opportunity of generic drug makers from brand name prescription drugs' patent protection loss by 2005, according to the report, 'The Generics Industry in 2005: A New Threat to Pharma.' One tactic of generic makers to stay on top; Cost of going after high-ticket drugs;...
- Patents hold no guarantee in new generics marketplace. Kirsche, Michelle L. // Drug Store News;11/17/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p26
Reports that patents hold no guarantee as generic drugs take a larger share of the pharmaceutical industry. Major branded drugs that lost patent protection in 2002; List of top 10 generics companies by prescription; Advantages of early patent legal challenges; Campaign to reduce regulatory...
- Pharma patent settlements in EU continue to rise. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Dec2013, Issue 693, p10
The article reports on the findings of a survey by the European Commission which shows an increase in the number of patent settlement agreements between originator and generic companies in 2012 which has reached 1883, up 120 in 2011.