US chem sector set to dip
- BENZENE SUPPLY WILL MEET DEMAND. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2047, p12
Presents the market forecasts of Chemical Market Associates Inc. for benzene supply and demand through 2007. Rate of annual increase in the demand for benzene; Average growth rate of benzene supply; Expected rise in gasoline demand growth per year.
- Phenol Rebounds From First Quarter Feedstock Woes. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;4/19/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the struggle of phenol producers with lack of available feedstock in North America. Shortage of cumene in the first quarter; Difficulty of producers to replenish inventories following the shortages; Forecast of Chemical Market Associates Inc. on phenol demand. INSET: Petrochemicals...
- CMAI ANALYZES EVOLVING CHLOR-ALKALI MARKET DYNAMICS. // Worldwide Databases;Jan2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the "2009 Chlor-Alkali Analysis," a global study by Chemical Market Associates Inc. (CMAI) covering the future outlook for supply, demand, production and profitability of the global chlor-alkali industry for the period 2003 to 2013. Critical issues facing the industry...
- Middle East to be Major Player in Polyolefins Industry. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec2007, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p10
The article highlights findings of the "2008 World Polyolefins Analysis" released by Chemical Market Associates, Inc. The study found that polyolefin producers in the region have started a wave of cost-advantaged polyolefins production capacity. The study analyzed the global polyolefin markets...
- Butadiene boundaries shift. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2090, p12
Presents forecasts for butadiene extraction units in western Europe in 2004 through 2008. Views of Chemical Marketing Association Inc. consultant Matthew Thoelke on crude C4 production; Data on world finished butadiene supply and demand.
- CMAI COMPLETES 2010 WORLD CUMENE/PHENOL & ACETONE ANALYSIS. // Worldwide Databases;Feb2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
This article reports on the completion of the 2010 World Cumene/Phenol & Acetone Analysis by Chemical Market Associates Inc. The study analyzes past and future developments of supply, demand, production, capacity, trade, pricing and profitability of the global cumene, phenol and acetone industry...
- Strong Outlook for Mideast Aromatics Producers. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;12/20/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 31, p23
The article presents an outlook for Middle East aromatics producers for 2011-15. Benzene demand in the region is expected to grow by 3.7% annually during the forecast period, according to Chemical Markets Associates Inc. (CMAI). Simon Moorhouse of CMAI explains the rise in pygas-produced benzene...
- Pushing Out Petchem Recovery. // Chemical Week;9/10/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 31, p3
Focuses on a forecast of the ethylene market in 2005 by consulting company CMAI. Performance of chemicals stocks in the U.S. market as of September 10, 2003; Expectations of CMAI on the profitability of the sector; Factors contributing to the forecast.
- World Biocide Demand to Reach $6.9 Billion in 2009. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct2005, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p10
Deals with the projected world demand for biocides in 2009. Forecast on the increase in world demand by 2009; Outlook on growth in demand in the Asia/Pacific region; Projection on the growth in demand in the U.S., Western Europe and Japan.