- Permira bids for BorsodChem. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/17/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 28, p11
The article reports on an offer issued by British-based private equity company Permira for all BorsodChem's shares. Permira is offering Forint3000 per share through Kikkolux. Kikkolux has option agreements with Firthlion, which owns 26 percent of BorsodChem. Permira's long-term plan for...
- Debenhams Sale on Hold. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/20/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 37, p2
Reports that Permira will have to wait for at least a month before Debenhams PLC shareholders decide on its formal bid for the British department store group.
- Debenhams Confirms Permira Talks. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/29/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 20, p6
Reports on Debenhams plc's issuance of a statement confirming that it is in talks with venture capital group Permira about a possible offer of shares in cash. Permira's bid; Factors that might affect the conclusion of the negotiations.
- HMV moves on after rejecting bid. Cardew, Ben // Music Week;3/25/2006, Issue 12, p3
The article reports on HMV board's rejection of a share proposal from Permira, a private equity firm. HMV claims that the takeover bid price offered by Permira undervalued the company in view of its forthcoming plans. HMV Great Britain's managing director Steve Knott explains the company's...
- Sat 1 tries solo flight, but new buyers circle. Meza, Ed // Variety;8/3/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the tender offers issued for broadcasting company ProSiebenSat 1 as of July 2003. Status of Haim Saban's offer for the company; Speculations on the possible bid of Permira.
- Permira hopes to top AHG bid in the battle for De Vere. Manson, Emily // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/29/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4431, p6
The article focuses on the decision of private equity firm Permira to bid for the ownership of De Vere, a hotel and leisure group. Permira intends to top the Â£1 billion bid of Alternative Hotel Group (AHG) for the shares of De Vere. Permira is optimistic about submitting a formal bid for De...
- Permira Eyes Remainder of Valentino. Zargani, Luisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/4/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 118, p2
This article reports that Permira plans to launch a bid for control of all of Valentino Fashion Group (VFG) after the Italian equity fund increased its stake in VFG. Permira outlined why it wanted to acquire VFG, explaining that it believes the group is one of the main players with the most...
- Carlyle Said Out of Valentino Chase. Kaiser, Amanda // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/21/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 109, p2
The article reports on the decision of Carlyle Group to drop out of the bidding process for Valentino Fashion Group SpA (VFG). Carlyle Group ended a potentially costly takeover battle for control of VFG. Rival European equity firm Permira has offered to buy all of VFG for 35 Euro, or $47.60, a...
- Baroness Ups Bid To Buy Debenhams. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/24/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 86, p21
CVC Capital Partners Ltd. and Texas Pacific Group Inc. increased their bid for British department store group, Debenhams, to 7.94 dollars a share on October 23, 2003, via their newly formed venture Baroness Retail. Private equity fund Permira and partners, operating under the name Laragrove,...