DSM's vision is to buy back shares
- Quest Buys Back Stock Instead of Cos. Tolkoff, Sarah // Orange County Business Journal;6/22/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the move of software company Quest Software Inc. in changing its business strategy from acquiring companies to buying stocks in 2009 in the U.S. It is noted that the company planned to repurchase 11 million shares worth $150 million and it is willing to pay between $12.50...
- Corporate Stock Repurchases in the Context of Unsolicited Takeover Bids. Nathan, Charles M.; Sobel, Marilyn // Business Lawyer;Jul80, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p1545
Focuses on the purpose of stock repurchase program in the United States. Use of the program as a preventive device against unsolicited acquisition offers; Reasons in justifying stock repurchase and recapitalization programs; Implementation of the program to improve the company's fiscal performance.
- Mergers and Ledger Sheets. Horowitz, Jed // Treasury & Risk Management;May/Jun2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p2
Discusses the various aspects of corporate mergers. Role of the treasurer in dealing with the problems that mergers bring; Restriction of merging companies that completed pooling-of-interest deals from stock buybacks; Acquisition-related savings for merged companies.
- DSM, Rhodia Confirms Merger Talks. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;12/12/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 45, p19
Reports the merger plans between DSM and Rhodia. Benefits of the merger to DSM.
- DSM Denies Interest in Rhodia. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/21/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the denial made by DSM on reports that it is considering another approach to Rhodia Inc. after their failed merger deal.
- DSM solar acquisition. // Chemical Week;3/25/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p27
The article discusses the acquisition of the solar energy company SolarExcel by the chemical company DSM NV as of March 2013.
- Poleolefins Positioning: The Marriage of Sabic and DSM. Singh, Balaji B.; Syed, Faisal H. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/10/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 23, p17
Reports on the acquisition of DSM by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic). Stages for the long-term globalization strategy of Sabic; Purpose of acquiring DSM; Corporate structure of Sabic.
- DSM planning to add polypropylene volume. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;3/17/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p13
Discusses DSM NV's plans to increase the capacity of its polypropylene resin during 1997, by 220 million pounds per annum, in light of the fact that a melamine technology and development joint venture was signed by DSM. Information on DSM; Details on their intentions; Terms of the venture.
- M&I Plans for Metavante Capital: Growth, Buybacks. Mazzucca, Tim // American Banker;4/5/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 66, p1
The article discusses the priority of Marshall & Ilsley Corp. for organic growth from the money it expects to gain from spinning off its payment and processing business, Metavante Corp. The plan involve organic growth followed by acquisitions, share repurchases, and higher dividends. Marshall...