Monthly ethylene contracts loom
- Untitled. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 11, p35
The article presents views of Tom Crotty, chief executive officer of petrochemical major INEOS Olefins, on the growth of the European chemical industry. He states that the markets are pretty stagnant and have seen a lot of the chemical industry decline in Europe. He urges to go in favor of...
- and downs. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 11, p11
The article presents views of Tom Crotty, chief executive officer of petrochemical major INEOS Olefins, on the European chemical industry. He states that the markets are pretty stagnant and have seen a lot of the chemical industry decline in Europe. He urges to go in favor of pursuing mergers to...
- INEOS ready to ride the recovery. BAKER, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;3/28/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 11, Special section p10
The article reports that with the recovery of the North American petrochemical industry, INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is also hoping for recovery, according to the chief executive officer (CEO) of the company, Dennis Seith. It states that INEOS is debottlenecking ethylene capacity at Chocolate...
- INEOS expects demand growth in spite of lingering macroeconomic concerns. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/25/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 11, Special section p12
The article focuses on the benefits of shale gas development on the petrochemical industry in the U.S. It states that INEOS Olefins & Polymers North America is competing to take benefits of shale gas opportunity. INEOS's chief executive officer (CEO) Dennis Seith says that the growth of the...
- Ineos & Sasol Joint Venture for U.S. HDPE Plant. // Plastics Technology;Oct2013, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on a joint venture of Ineos Olefins & Polymers in Houston, Texas and South African-based energy and chemical company Sasol for a world-scale high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plant that will utilize the Ineos Innovene S bimodal slurry technology in 2013.
- Ineos cuts Grangemouth allocation. Weddle, Nel // Chemical Market Reporter;6/19/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 24, p16
The article reports that Ineos Olefins has cut the ethylene force majeure allocation from its KG Grangemouth cracker in Scotland to 26.2 percent from around 40 percent. The plant is only expected to fully restart around June 28, 2006 according to a source from the company. The site has been...
- Cheap oil brings no cheer for petchems. // Chemical Week;12/8/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the reaction of European petrochemical produces on the slump in crude oil prices. Decrease of benchmark Brent crude; Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries' failure to agree on output cuts; Drop in naphtha feedstock prices.
- Paraxylene makers seek hike while market is still tight. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;09/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the plans to increase contract prices for the petrochemical paraxylene in the United States, for the fourth quarter of 1997. Effects of pressures from Asia on the proposed price increase; Contract nominations issued by key paraxylene manufacturers; Paraxylene prices in the third...
- Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/09/98, Vol. 254 Issue 19, p18
Presents updates on petrochemical prices in the United States, as of November 1998. Includes spot prices for benzene, toluene and xylenes; Contract prices of ethylene; Decline in methanol prices.