Sabic strengthens in Europe
- SABIC gains big US footprint. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/28/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 21, p11
The article discusses the scheduled acquisition of GE Plastics by SABIC of Saudi Arabia in 2007. According to the author, SABIC is set to enter the U.S. market with the completion of the deal. He claims that the key benefits in acquiring GE Plastics are access to polymer technology and...
- Sabic Cleared to Buy DSM's Petchems. // Chemical Week;6/26/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 26, p14
Deals with the approval of the European Commission to Sabic's purchase of the petrochemicals business of DSM.
- Huntsman looks to China for textiles. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p23
The article reports on the plan of Huntsman to invest in China to bolster its textile chemicals business, after the acquisition of Ciba Specialty Chemicals' textile effects business. The buy strengthens Huntsman's activities in the Asian and Middle East region. In Saudi Arabia, it is pursuing...
- SABIC to introduce its 1st portfolio of renewable polyolefins dedicated to the packaging ind. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jun2014, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p56
The article reports on the plan of SABIC to launch its first portfolio of certified renewable polyolefins which are certified under the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) Plus certification scheme in 2014.
- SABIC to launch first portfolio of certified renewable polyolefins. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jun2014, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p83
The article reports on the plan of SABIC to launch its first portfolio of certified renewable polyolefins, which responds to the increasing demand for sustainable materials.
- It's too late for Brussels to take a tough line on mergers. Loveday, Trevor // Utility Week;9/16/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p16
Comments on issues related to public utilities in Europe as of September 16, 2005. Proliferation of companies that plans to buy Centrica; Depiction of the liberalization of the European Union in the acquisition plans; Warning given by Brussels, Belgium on anti-competitive activity.
- Sabic buys Huntsman UK base chemicals. Davis, Nigel; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/2/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the plan of Sabic to purchase Huntsman's European base chemicals and polymers business for $700 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to boost its European sales by approximately â‚¬2.5 billion. Sabic will acquire the majority of Huntsman's petrochemicals plants...
- Mission possible. Klaus, Oliver // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/21/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 47, p4
Interviews Mohamed al-Mady, CEO of Sabic Basic Industries Corp., on the company's business initiatives in the petrochemical industry. Lessons learned by the company from its partnerships; Action taken by Sabic to compete in the feedstock market; Future plans of al-Mady for Sabic. INSETS:...
- Saudi firm may buy GE Plastics. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;5/21/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p2
The article informs that Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic) may buy Pittsfield, Massachusetts-based GE Plastics for $11 billion. It is stated that the acquisition would be a big splash into North America for Sabic, which has acquired petrochemical businesses from Royal DSM NV and Huntsman...