Sabic buys Huntsman UK base chemicals
- Sabic Cleared to Buy DSM's Petchems. // Chemical Week;6/26/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 26, p14
Deals with the approval of the European Commission to Sabic's purchase of the petrochemicals business of DSM.
- GE Plastics renamed as Sabic deal closes. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;9/3/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p19
The article reports that Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic) has completed its $11.6 billion purchase of GE Plastics. The purchase, announced in May 2007, became official August 31, 2007. Sabic, of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is a petrochemicals firm majority-owned by the Saudi Arabian government....
- Mission possible. Klaus, Oliver // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/21/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 47, p4
Interviews Mohamed al-Mady, CEO of Sabic Basic Industries Corp., on the company's business initiatives in the petrochemical industry. Lessons learned by the company from its partnerships; Action taken by Sabic to compete in the feedstock market; Future plans of al-Mady for Sabic. INSETS:...
- Saudi petrochem giant plans big investments. // Chemical Business;Mar2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p63
The article reports on the plans of petrochemicals producer Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) to invest in India in 2011. According to board member Ahmed Alumar, SABIC is in negotiations with Indian petrochemical companies for a joint venture covering cracker projects and downstream...
- Sabic gets approval. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;1/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2082, p31
Reports on an approval received by Sabic for its plans for a petrochemical complex at Yanbu on Saudi Arabia's Red Sea coast as of January 2004. Importance of the complex in increasing Sabic's onsite petrochemical capacity.
- Saudi Arabia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/28/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p23
Informs on two petrochemical plants being planned in 2000 by Saudi Arabia-based Saudi Basic Industries Corp. Prequalification bids; Plan to increase ethylene production.
- SABIC's expansion may falter. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 11, p17
The article reports on the possibility that the planned construction of a SABIC petrochemical plant in China may not be given approval by the Chinese government until 2008, further delaying its plans to expand in the country. The latest delay could push the company to relocate the unit, with...
- Upgrade planned for Teesside. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2094, p27
Reports on the improvement plans of Huntsman Corp. at its Teesside, England aromatics plant according to Doug Culpon, the company's vice president for European petrochemicals. Scope of the plan; Capacities of the Teesside petrochemicals complex; Cost of the company's plans to build a...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/5/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p13
The article presents news briefs on the petrochemical industry in Saudi Arabia. The European Union has given regulatory approval for Saudi Basic Industries Corporation to acquire the European assets of the Huntsman Corporation. Saudi Basic Industries Corporation has formed a polystyrene joint...