Interior spaces, northern places: Nunavut artist Annie Pootoogook's artwork is observational and narrative
- Death of Inuit artist unleashes flood of emotion. Meili, Dianne // Windspeaker;Dec2016, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p25
An obituary for contemporary Canadian artist Annie Pootoogook is presented.
- ANNIE POOTOOGOOK'S DRAWINGS OF CONTEMPORARY INUIT LIFE. Modigliani, Leah // C: International Contemporary Art;Fall2009, Issue 103, p46
The article reviews an exhibition of Annie Pootoogook's drawings of contemporary Inuit life at the National Museum of the American Indian in New York City.
- NUTS & BOLTS. // American Artist;Nov2004, Vol. 68 Issue 748, p64
Presents paintings and drawings from several artists presented in various exhibitions. "Universalist Church," by Edward Hopper; "Newfields, New Hampshire," by Childe Hassam; "Woman Beside a River," by Alfred Thompson.
- HERBLOCK. // New Republic;5/17/54, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p14
This article presents the views of cartoonist Herblock. A cartoonist who keeps handy some wet mortar and a supply of bricks can lay a few rows of masonry while he is being reflective, and thus give visible evidence that he is working. But the disadvantage of this device is that he may...
- Technical Hints from Artists' Studios (Tenth in a Series) FILMS FOR BEN DAY EFFECTS. Guptill, Arthur L. // American Artist: Art Instruction;Feb1939, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the engravings used by artists in printing designs. It notes that artists learn that drawings created with blank ink can be reproduced through inexpensive line engraving process. It mentions how an artist utilizing a unique drawing paper called Craftint Doubletone, can...
- Static. Swenson, Susan // AGNI;2003, Issue 57, p167
This article focuses on visual artist Mark Lombardi. Writings of Lombardi; Lombardi's creation of a series of diagram-like drawings that he called 'narrative structures; Poems describing Lombardi.
- APIE ROLANDO RIMKÅªNO KÅªRYBÄ„: TAI, KAS DEDASI MUMYSE, TAIP PAT YRA VISATOS DALIS. Šapoka, Kęstutis // Acta Academiae Artium Vilnensis;2013, Issue 70, p93
The article discusses the works of the Kaunas' artist Rolandas RimkÅ«nas through the specific means of contextual view. Preferential attention is focused on RimkÅ«nas' biography that is seen in terms of the larger cultural, social and historical contexts. The author of this article argued...
- IDEAS FOR PAINTINGS. Handey, Jack // New Yorker;3/20/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p86
This article presents humorous painting ideas for all struggling artists. The titles of the paintings and their description are outlined.
- From Travel Photos to Vibrant, Engaging Paintings. Gardner, Jennifer // American Artist;Nov2004, Vol. 68 Issue 748, p38
Discusses a painting technique which centers on developing color harmony and enhancing the vibrancy of the pastel medium. Technique in retaining the pure color and visual excitement of a scene; Materials needed in pastel printing; Composition and design of the paintings of Gardner.