Soft-tissue infection and underlying calcinosis of CREST syndrome
- Successful Treatment of Betamethasone Syrup on Autoimmune Esophagitis. Kohata, Yukie; Fujiwara, Yasuhiro; Kato, Kunihiro; Tanaka, Fumio; Yamagami, Hirokazu; Tanigawa, Tetsuya; Shiba, Masatsugu; Watanabe, Kenji; Watanabe, Toshio; Tominaga, Kazunari; Tateishi, Chiharu; Tsuruta, Daisuke; Arakawa, Tetsuo // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2014, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p451
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the medication of a 75-year-old woman with autoimmune esophagitis using betamethasone syrup.
- FINDINGS FROM A FULL-BODY EXAM. Warshaw, Erin // Cortlandt Forum;2/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p23
Presents a case of a patient with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia in the U.S. Manifestations of the disease; Resemblance on lesions of the disease with sclerodermal syndrome; Treatment of the disease.
- A 56-Year-Old Woman with Rash, Paralytic Ileus, and Massive Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Mackowiak, Philip A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;10/1/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p1094
A photo quiz concerning the kind of infection in a 56-year old woman with maculopapular rashes, paralytic ileus, and massive gastrointestinal bleeding is presented.
- A rare case of interaorticobronchial diverticulum of esophagus in a case of scleroderma. Chatterjee, Argha; Chaudhury, Sudipto // Lung India;Jul-Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p222
A quiz regarding a 50-year-old woman with scleroderma, shortness of breath, and dry cough is presented.
- Scleroderma with Carcinoma of the Esophagus. Whitaker, James A.; Bishop, Rodney // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1979, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p496
Cites a case report on scleroderma with carcinoma of the esophagus in a 48 year-old African American male patient.
- Scleredema Adultorum of Buschke with Upper Esophageal Involvement. Wright, Richard A.; Bernie, Howard // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1982, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
A 55-yr-old white female with biopsy proven scleredema adultorum was evaluated for progressive dysphagia. Esophageal motility studies revealed persistently high upper esophageal pressures without response to deglutition, and minimal peristalsis in the upper body of the esophagus. A...
- Wills Eye Resident Case Series. Lally, David // Review of Ophthalmology;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p62
A quiz concerning a 66-year old Caucasian female presented to the Wills Eye Emergency Room due to severe pain in her right eye is presented.
- Deep-Seated Trichosporonosis in an Immunocompetent Patient: A Case Report of Uterine Trichosporonosis. Chan, Robert M. T.; Lee, Patrick; Wroblewski, Julius // Clinical Infectious Diseases;8/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p621
Reports on a case study which analyzed an unusual case of endometritis caused by Trichosporon (T) beigelii in an elderly woman. Medical history of the patient; Laboratory findings; Diagnosis for systemic T. beigelii disease.
- Scleroderma and dentistry: Two case reports. Dixit, Shantanu; Kalkur, Chaithra; Sattur, Atul P.; Bornstein, Michael M.; Melton, Fred // Journal of Medical Case Reports;10/24/2016, Vol. 10, p1
Background: Scleroderma is a chronic connective tissue disorder with unknown etiology. It is characterized by excessive deposition of extracellular matrix in the connective tissues causing vascular disturbances which can result in tissue hypoxia. These changes are manifested as atrophy of the...