Recurrent strokes in a 46-year-old woman: rapidly progressive nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis
- Non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis in early cancer. Studdy, P.; Willoughby, J.M.T. // British Medical Journal;3/27/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6012, p752
Examines the occurrence of non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis as a complication of the cancer. Metastasis of the diseases; Diagnosis of the disease; Treatment and management of the disease process.
- Streptococcus bovis endocarditis and colonic carcinoma: a neglected association. Hossenbux, K.; Dale, B.A.S.; Walls, A.D.F.; Lawrence, J.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/2/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6384, p21
Examines the correlation between streptococcus endocarditis and colonic carcinoma. Manifestation of rheumatic endocarditis; Presence of Str bovis biotype II in the course of the disease; Identification of Str bovis isolates among patients with colon cancer.
- Tibolone link with stroke. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Apr2009, Vol. 90 Issue 1067, p78
The article offers information concerning the findings of a study relating tibolone with stroke. It mentions that investigations on the effects of tibolone reveals that it reduces the risk of fracture and breast cancer and colon cancer but it increases the risk of stroke in older women with...
- Interesting TEE image. Kanchi, Muralidhar // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p260
The article examines the case of a 39-year-old woman with clinical manifestations of congestive cardiac failure whose intra-operative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) showed indications of infective endocarditis.
- Intracranial hemorrhage in infective endocarditis: A case report. Aziz, Fahad; Perwaiz, Saira; Penupolu, Sudheer; Doddi, Sujatha; Gongireddy, Srinivas // Journal of Thoracic Disease;Jun2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p134
Cerebral hemorrhage occurs rarely in infective endocarditis. Here, we present an interesting case of infective endocarditis complicated by sever cerebral hemorrhage. Later, his blood culture grew S bovis. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first ever reported case of S Bovis infective...
- Unusual neurological manifestation of acute mitral valve endocarditis. Castillo, J. C.; Anguita, M. P.; Delgado, F. // Heart;Jan2006, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p79
The article presents information on embolic stroke and mycotic aneurysms, as the most common neurological complications of infective endocarditis. Mycotic aneurysms commonly involve intra-cranial arteries and are located distally over the cerebral cortex. A case of a 21 year old man admitted to...
- D. Dialysis. // Kidney;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p28
Presents information on several studies on dialysis in 2004. Risk of stroke in dialysis patients; Details of reported confirmed series of infective endocarditis cases; Diagnosis and treatment of hemodialysis patients with erectile dysfunction.
- Brain poster session: hemorrhagic transformation. // Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism;Oct2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 29, pS415
The article presents several studies on hemorrhagic transformation (HT). A study by J. Montaner, M. Ribo et al investigates the role of vascular adhesion protein-1 (VAP-1) in HT. Other studies include the evaluation of four distinct dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) parameters in...
- Timing for surgery in patients with infective endocarditis and cerebrovascular complicationsâ€”waiting may be best but results of early surgery are acceptable and improvements in neurology are common. Howell, Neil J.; Wilson, Ian C. // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Mar2012, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p476
The authors reflect on the timing of surgery for patients with infective endocarditis (IE) and cerebrovascular complications. They state that risks of neurological damage due to early surgery led to the delaying surgery in patients with embolic and hemorrhaging strokes as it provides time, for...