- Efamast. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p222
The article presents information on the drug efamast. It is a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of gamolenic acid. This drug can be used to relieve breast pain, and is available as capsules.
- Is It Safe to Split Your Pills? Kornreich, Jennifer // Good Housekeeping;Nov99, Vol. 229 Issue 5, p213
Explains the disadvantage of splitting double-dosage pills. Negative effect of dosage dump; Possible effect of splitting a drug that feature an enteric coating.
- Split Your Pills..Split Your Costs. Dunkin, Mary Anne; Baker, Stacy // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on savings from buying pills. Conditions by which pills should not be split; Tool for cutting pills.
- Split Decision on Pills. // Good Housekeeping;Dec2009, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on a research at the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy which found that when researchers halved 15 tablets each of six commonly divided medications, nearly a quarter of the half-pills were outside the standard allowable variation.
- HOW TO MAKE THE PILL WORK BETTER. // Glamour;Sep2003, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p121
Provides advice on how to make the pill work better.
- Split Decision. // Shape;May2011, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p113
The article discusses the risks involved in cutting pills apart to create multiple doses of medication.
- Pill splitting dos, don'ts. Miller, Jim // Wilson County News;12/23/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p5B
The article provides an answer to a question on whether pill splitting is safe.
- News in brief ... // Reactions Weekly;2/11/2006, Issue 1088, p2
The article presents medical-related news briefs. Health Canada has issued a warning about the possible association of Ketek (telithromycin) use with potentially serious liver problems. Health Canada has issued an advisory against the use of methyl-1-testosterone due to health risks including...
- Is oral enzyme therapy in our future? Adams, Amy Loelle // GIG Newsletter;Spring2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses the possibility of using oral pill for the oral enzyme therapy of patients with celiac disease. It provides an overview of the digestive process particularly on the breaking down of proteins in the stomach and their absorption in the small intestines. It is noted that...
- Visible Spectrophotometric Estimation of Diacerein in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Sivakumar, R.; Nallasivan, P. K.; Saranya, K. C.; Solomon, W. D. Sam; Akelesh, T.; Venkatnarayanan, R. // Journal of Young Pharmacists;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p414
Two simple, sensitive, accurate, rapid, and economical spectrophotometric methods have been developed for the estimation of diacerein in Pharmaceutical dosage forms. Method A is based on the reaction of diacerein with Folin-Ciocalteu reagent, in the presence of 0.5 N sodium hydroxide solution,...