Injection site gets 16-month extension
- NEW PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENTS. // Health Facilities Management;May2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Provides information on various project announcements made by health facilities in the U.S. as of May 2003. Baylor Health Care System located in Plano, Texas; The Children's Hospital of Denver in Colorado; Kindred Healthcare located in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Implementation of Safety Driving System Using e-Health and Telematics Technology. Youngbum Lee; Myoungho Lee // Telemedicine & e-Health;Aug2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p598
Biosensing can determine driver status and can be connected to a medical center for instruction as well as providing alerts to the driver in the car without external intervention. Drowsiness, impairment, and fatigue were tested in this prototype system that proved to be robust and reliable....
- 2003 NOVA FINALISTS. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2003, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p75
Presents the list of finalists for the 2003 NOVA Award in the U.S. Canton-Potsdam Hospital; Catholic Health Initiatives; Christiana Care Health System. INSET: 2003 ADVISORY PANEL.
- Urgent need for change in Wales. // Community Care;7/17/2003, Issue 1481, p7
Reports on the increasing demand for health and social care in Wales. Implications for health and social care providers in the country; Budget to support the improvement of health care systems.
- Implementation of tuberculosis infection control in health facilities in Mukono and Wakiso districts, Uganda. Buregyeya, Esther; Nuwaha, Fred; Verver, Suzanne; Criel, Bart; Colebunders, Robert; Wanyenze, Rhoda; Kalyango, Joan N.; Katamba, Achilles; Mitchell, Ellen M. H. // BMC Infectious Diseases;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Tuberculosis infection control (TBIC) is rarely implemented in the health facilities in resource limited settings. Understanding the reasons for low level of implementation is critical. The study aim was to assess TBIC practices and barriers to implementation in two districts in...
- Local-control smoking proposal draws fire, praise. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;03/29/99, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p12
Reports on developments in Nevada's health sector as of March 29, 1999. Includes reactions to a bill allowing local governments to pass more restrictive smoking laws than the state of Nevada; Cancer statistics in the state; Nevada Independent Insurance Agents' workers' compensation...
- Proposed Eye Surgery Center Being Examined. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 23, pB7
Focuses on the proposed development of the Laser & Surgical Center West Michigan LLC as of June 9, 2003. Comments from Mike LaPenna, principal of The LaPenna Group, a health care business development company; Benefits of the proposed surgery center to patients.
- Acute care hospitals. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/2/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p30
A list of acute care hospitals in Louisiana is presented. The hospitals listed include Tour Infirmary, Ochsner Health System and West Jefferson Medical Center. Information on number of licensed and staffed beds, net patient revenue, number of full-time employees and specialists and contact...
- Exeter Hospital expansion begins. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/18/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p34
Reports on the start of the second expansion and construction phase at Exeter Hospital in New Hampshire in March 2005.