International panel says CIHR needs management overhaul
- California Seeds Science Institutes with $300 Million. Feder, Toni // Physics Today;Feb2001, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the pledge given by California Governor Gray Davis, during a State of the State address in January 2000, seeking $300 million to launch three interdisciplinary research institutes at the University of California. Information on the winners of the competition to become the California...
- The Columbia Institute for Tele-information. // Educom Review;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p25
Provides information regarding the Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI), a research center in New York City. Details on the nature and services offered by the institution; Other outstanding campus research institutes in Columbia Institutes; List of instruments that was created by CITI...
- UK Data Network for Marine Species Gets Accredited. // Sea Technology;Jan2013, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p71
The article reports on the accreditation of the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science and Marine Scotland as a combined Marine Environmental Data and Information Network Data Archive Centre for fish and related species.
- Cato Institute. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;5/20/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 19, p14
Profiles Cato Institute, a think tank in Washington, D.C. that promotes libertarian thought and policy. Accomplishments; History of the institute; Problems faced by the institute with being labeled 'libertarian'; Response of Edward Crane, president of the institute, on whether the...
- Disseminating information with ARCHI. Quayle, Sue // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p30
Features the Australian Resource Centre for Hospital Innovations (ARCHI). Significance of the ARCHI to nurses researching distance learning assignments or designing workplace projects; Range of resources offered by the center; Features of the center's website.
- New director for Italy's largest research institute. Birmingham, Karen // Nature Medicine;Sep98, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p993
Reports on the appointment of Claudio Bordignon as scientific director for the research institute, Instituto Scientifico San Raffaele in Milan, Italy. Career background; Job responsibilities; Goals and plans for the institute.
- Large-Scale Science: Boston Area Institutions Given $100 Million for Genomics Institute. Brower, Vicki // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;10/15/2003, Vol. 95 Issue 20, p1505
Reports on the establishment of the Broad Institute by three Boston, Massachusetts-based research centers, which will focus on the molecular basis of cancer, inflammatory and infectious diseases and metabolic disorders. Plans for a major effort in cancer research.
- Humanities Research Centers. // PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association of America;Sep2007, Vol. 122 Issue 4, p1282
The article presents a list of humanities research centers which includes the American West Center, the Bowling Green Center for Popular Culture Studies, and the Center for the Arts and Humanities.
- at the center. Johnston, Josephine // Hastings Center Report;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, preceeding p2
Presents an article about starting to work for a research center.