IN THIS WEEK
- Abu Dhabi Firms Plan for Chemical City and Borouge 3. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;9/29/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 30, p19
The article reports that Borealis and its Borouge, Abu Dhabi joint venture are making progress on previously announced plans to establish two large-scale petrochemical complexes in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The companies have appointed WorleyParsons to carry out preliminary front-end...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;11/17/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 35, p21
This section offers international news briefs on construction projects in the chemical industry. A joint venture agreement to establish a fertilizer complex in Russia has been signed by Russian President Dmitri Medvedev and Vietnamese President Nguyen Minh Triet. LyondellBasell's Lupotech T...
- Abu Dhabi: Borouge Plans PP; Adnoc Eyes Aromatics, Melamine. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 37, p23
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates as of November 10, 2004. Information on the polypropylene-producing petrochemicals complex of Borouge, a joint venture of Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (Adnoc) and Borealis; Plan of Adnoc to build an aromatics complex.
- Borealies to Build PE Plant, Add PP Capacity in Austria. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;7/2/2003-7/9/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 24, p21
Reports on the plan of Borealis to build a Borstar bimodal-process polypropylene plant in Schwechat, Austria as of July 2003. Expansion of olefiins at Schwechat by OMV; Business target of Borealis; Production capacity of the plant.
- news projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;12/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p28
Presents news briefs on several companies in the chemical industry as of December 6, 2000. Consideration of the plans for a functional silanes plant in Asia by Degussa-Huls; Merger of the ethylidene bicycloheptene businesses of Sanyo Chemical and Nippon Petrochemicals into a joint venture;...
- Nalco realigns marketing force. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p5
Reports on Nalco Chemical Co.'s realignment of its sales and marketing force to fit global operations. Structuring of the company into six new divisions; Rationale for the reorganization; Markets targeted by Nalco after the reorganization.
- Thailand Stays on Track for Expansion. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/12/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 15, p54
The article presents updates on the chemical industry in Thailand. SCG Chemicals and Dow Chemical broke ground on a previously announced joint venture to build an olefins plant and expand polyolefin units at Map Ta Phut. PTT Polyethylene is building the fifth and largest ethylene plant. It will...
- Borealis Abu Dhabi JV Output Targeted. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/11/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 6, p6
Reports that output from the petrochemicals complex jointly owned by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and Borealis at Borouge, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is being targeted at Asia and Middle East. Features of the complex.
- Texas Plant Leak Under Investigation. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;1/17/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on the investigation of a release of ethylenediamine at Nalco's specialty chemical plant at Sugar Land, Texas on January 8, 2007. The leak sent three employees to the hospital and prompted the plant's closure for about three hours. Nalco says that a pressure relief valve may...