Asia's booming market
- The Fun Police are right on minimum alcohol pricing. Grimm, Carsten // Pulse;4/11/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p12
The article argues on the excessive drinking of alcohol by the people and urges for minimum pricing for alcohol.
- Sellers obtain â‚¬50/tonne hike for Q1. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2045, p12
Reports that European n-butanols producers have successfully increased prices in first quarter 2003. Attributes of the price initiative; Statistics on production output of companies; Outlook for the second quarter.
- IPA, acetates up. // Chemical Week;7/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 27, p32
Reports that producers' proposed July 1, 1996 isopropyl alcohol price increase of 3 cents per pound has prevailed and the third-quarter contract has settled at 26 cents per pound.
- Forecast: ethanol prices, profits will sag. Wilson, Mike // Irish Farmers Monthly;Apr2007, p18
The article reports on the bioenergy forecast from the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) in the U.S. The forecast revealed that despite high crude oil prices and different policy incentives, bioenergy profit margins is expected to drop. It also expected the U.S. ethanol...
- European Prices Get a Boost. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;5/26/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 20, p43
Focuses on the price increase of methanol compound in Europe since the second-quarter of 1998. Factors that caused the price increase; Effect of plant shutdown methanol distribution in the United States; Expected volume of methanol for the first quarter of 2000.
- European Methanol Turns Upward. // Chemical Week;2/27/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p47
Focuses on the increase in methanol prices in Europe and Asia/Pacific as of February 27, 2002. Reasons cited for the price rebound; Price increase in the past two weeks.
- European Methanol Rises On Tight Supply. // Chemical Week;11/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 40, p28
The article reports on the increase in European methanol spot prices as of November 2005. A series of production and transportation problems have contributed to the rise of European methanol spot prices following several months of stagnant pricing. Methanol closed a 475,000-metric tons/year...
- Untitled. Guo, Yu // ICIS Chemical Business;9/7/2015, Issue 3673, p1
The article reports that overall domestic supply of methanol in China was estimated at 41 million tonnes in 2014 with operating rate fluctuating within a range of 65-70%. The total effective operating capacity in Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Oceania was estimated at 21.8 million tonnes in...
- BASF Announces an Oxo Alcohols Increase. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;5/29/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 22, p34
Reports that Badische Anilin un Soda-Fabrik AG has raised the prices for its oxo-alcohol effective on June 1, 2002. Factors attributed to the increase: Status of oxo-alcohol prices in Asia.