- PO and PG Markets Face Tight Margins. Ouellette, Jennifer // Chemical Market Reporter;05/29/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 22, p5
Focuses on the market status of propylene oxide and propylene glycol in the United States. Price of propylene; Demand for the chemical in the country; Views from some industry analysts.
- Oxidation of Propylene with Oxygen and Air in a Barrier Discharge in the Presence of Octane. Kudryashov, Sergey; Ochered'ko, Andrey; Ryabov, Andrey; Shchyogoleva, Galina // Plasma Chemistry & Plasma Processing;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p649
Oxidation of propylene with oxygen, air and a mixture of nitrogen-oxygen in a barrier discharge is investigated. The selectivity towards formation of propylene oxide in pure oxygen is shown to be as high as 45 wt% and the propylene conversion ratio is found to be 12.9 wt%. In the oxidation with...
- Monomer Shortfall Pressures Polypropylene Prices and Supply. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p6
Reports that propylene producers have launched a series of price increases in October 2001 following a supply slowdown. Range of the price of propylene per pound; Most pressing question for the industry; Severe overcapacity problem of the industry.
- Extending the alkene substrate range of vinyl chloride utilizing Nocardioides sp. strain JS614 with ethene oxide. Taylor, Anne E.; Arp, Daniel J.; Bottomley, Peter J.; Semprini, Lewis // Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology;Aug2010, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p2293
Nocardioides sp. strain JS614 grows on the C2 alkenes ethene (Eth), vinyl chloride, and vinyl fluoride as sole carbon sources. The presence of 400â€“800 Î¼M ethene oxide (EtO) extended the growth substrate range to propene (C3) and butene (C4). Propene-dependent growth of JS614 was CO2...
- Tiny trimer, big result. Curtiss, Larry; Greeley, Jeff; Vadja, Stefan // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 829/830, p46
The article offers information about the production of propylene oxide (PO) from propylene. Among the current applications of PO are propylene glycol, polypropylene glycol, propylene glycols ethers and propylene carbonate. Indirect oxidation processes include one based on oxidation of propylene...
- Soaring prices resisted. Tan, Steve; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p30
The article reports on the price of Asian propylene for prompt delivery. The price have jumped over $50 per tonne which has created a new 13-year high despite very strong buyer resistance. Market sources reported that at least 3000 tonne of propylene was sold to Japanese traders at $1305 per...
- Olefins soar on tight supply. // Asian Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 404, p28
Focuses on the trading status of olefins in the Asian chemical market as of June 2003. Factors attributed to the increase in prices; Rate of the increased offers for Ethylene; Information on the trading of propylene.
- Olefins markets still firm, but new settlements are uncertain. Cornitius, Tim // Chemical Week;2/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the impact of the 1-ct/lb increase in the United States Gulf Coast ethylene and propylene prices on the chemicals producers. Reason for the strength of the demand for propylene; Depletion of propylene stocks; Inevitability of a pullback in olefins prices.
- Prices Rise Rapidly for Major Olefins. Greenberg, Karl // Chemical Market Reporter;03/27/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 13, p3
Deals with the increase in olefin prices in the United States. Price of propylene and ethylene; Status of natural gas; Information on propylene inventories.