Hikes continue into Q3
- Iranian cargoes add length to market. JIN, KENY // ICIS Chemical Business;11/15/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p17
The article reports that around 30,000 tonnes of styrene from Iran will be received in China during December 2010. It is stated that Iran's styrene shipments were due to the restart of Pars Petrochemical's 600,000 tonne/year plant. It is mentioned that China's demand for imported styrene does...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 27, p39
This article looks at trends in the petroleum chemical industry in 2007. U.S. prices declined in the second week of August, and buyers said they were reducing purchases in the wake of higher prices. Spot benzene in Europe dipped $50/m.t. below the low end of the previous range, but recovered to...
- Consumption could climb for benzene and styrene. ORTNER, BARBARA // ICIS Chemical Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 19, p14
The article offers information on the possibility of increase in the consumption of benzene and styrene by 2014.
- Benzene poised for July increase. Mellor, Truong // ICIS Chemical Business;7/6/2015, Issue 3667, p5
The article discusses the expectation of derivative demand from China and the Middle East driving up spot pricing for benzene with contract settlements for Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp in the European market recovering from June 2015 levels. It takes note of resumption by a styrene unit in the...
- Styrene on a roll. // Asian Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 404, p29
Focuses on the marketing trends for styrene products in Asia as of June 2003. Prices for benzene from different countries in the region; Examples of deals for paraxylene; Trading status of phenol in China.
- Petchem prices back to the future? Hodges, Paul // European Chemical News;8/23/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2113, p5
Analyzes market trends in the petroleum chemicals industry in Europe as of August 2004. Factors that affect the pricing status of petroleum products; Impact of the increase in price of benzene on the styrene industry; Effect of the crude oil price increase on the petroleum chemicals industry.
- Benzene soars to $900/tonne. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p10
Presents an update on benzene prices as of June 14, 2004. Decision of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries to increase crude oil output quotas; Tonne mark reached by benzene; Benzene prices for July 2004.
- Japan's benzene supply set to drop. CHAKRAVARTY, MAHUA // ICIS Chemical Business;4/4/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the impact of the March 11, 2011 earthquake in Japan on the nation's benzene supply. It is said that following shutdowns and the diversion of aromatics to gasoline blending, Japan's monthly benzene supply is expected to drop by about 10%. Currently, the estimated Japan's...
- US markets bear brunt of storms. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p55
This article offers a look at price trends in the U.S. petrochemical industry in 2006. Four nomination increases for June polymer-grade propylene and chemical-grade propylene were issued up four cent/pound based on continued tight supply. U.S. benzene spot prices surged at the start of June,...