Dow in China water deal
- Dow Completes Acquisition of OEE. // China Chemical Reporter;7/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of Zhejiang Omex Environmental Engineering Co. Ltd. by Dow Chemical Co. which completed on July 13, 2006 in China. The acquisition strengthens the position of Dow in advanced solutions for water purification. According to Jim Mcllvenny, president of Dow...
- Water Treatment. Walsh, Kerri; Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;7/19/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 24, p20
This article focuses on the growing water treatment chemical and services market. Demand for water treatment chemicals, equipment, and supplies is growing at 10.6%/year, and will reach an estimated $5.8 billion in 2010, claims The Freedonia Group. The Chinese industrial water treatment market is...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;7/19/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 24, p7
The article offers news related to the petroleum chemical industry as of July 19, 2006. Suzano Petroquimica has completed the first phase of its polypropylene expansion project in Maua, Brazil. Rockwood Specialties has received a revised outlook from Standard & Poor's. An acquisition deal was...
- M&A Integration: An Insider's Look at Dow's Strategy. Liveris, Andrew // Chemical Market Reporter;9/10/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 10, p19
Looks at Dow Chemical's approach to acquisition selection and integration. Selection criteria of Dow's merger and acquisition (M&A) process; Disappointments and problems to expect during the M&A process; Components of Dow's integration program; Several companies acquired by Dow Chemical. ...
- Dow Commits to Biopharmaceuticals With CBA Purchase. Boswell, Clay // Chemical Market Reporter;11/06/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 19, p18
Focuses on the acquisition of the Collaborative BioAlliance from the Collaborative Group Ltd. by Dow Chemical Co. Details on the industrial biotechnology strategy of Dow Chemical; Purpose of Dow in acquiring Collaborative; Plans of Dow for Collaborative.
- Unico purchase boosts Nalco's South Korean position. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;4/29/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 16, p25
Looks at the benefits of Nalco Chemical's acquisition of Unico on its position in the South Korean water treatment market. Comments from E. Ted Mooney of Nalco; Sales of Nalco in the Asia Pacific region; Other acquisitions of the company.
- INBRIEF. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Mar2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p2
This section offers news briefs in the water treatment industry in Great Britain. A business opportunity for AxFlow UK has been created with the acquisition of Griswold Pump Company, a US.-based centrifugal pump manufacturer, by Wilden Pumps. Chief executive Steve Elliott of Chemical Industries...
- The passing of Union Carbide Rex. Welch, Bill // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p4
Comments on the sale of Union Carbide Corp. to Dow Chemical Co. Comments on the management of Union Carbide; Inconsistency in the company's business performance; Encounter with a toxic chemical tragedy in the company's Bhopal, India facility.
- Dow Chemical Sees Union Carbide Fitting Smoothly into Marketing Setup. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Sep99, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p1
Discusses how the acquisition of Union Carbide Co. by Dow Chemical Co. will affect the Dow's marketing strategy. Combined revenues of the companies; Dow marketing executive J.C. Butcher's confidence in his company's ability to handle such an acquisition; Duties of Dow's marketing and sales...