PPG buy expands its global circle
- Suppliers Boost Market Shares in Key Sectors. Walsh, Kerri; Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;7/19/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 24, p24
This article looks at mergers and acquisitions activity in the global paints and coatings sector in 2006. Valspar's $290-million acquisition of an 80% stake in Huarun Paints Holdings Company from Champion Regal provides Valspar with an unmatched distribution channel in China, the fastest-growing...
- PPG to reorganize Ontario facility operations. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec98, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on PPG Industries Inc.'s plan to phase out production of coil and extrusion coatings at its plant in Mississauga, Ontario. Reorganization of several operating departments at the facility; Improvement of the competitiveness and efficiency of the firm's North American coatings business.
- PPG to Acquire Ameron Coatings Business. // Finishing Today;Aug2006, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on PPG Industries' agreement to acquire the Performance Coatings and Finishes business of Ameron International Corp. in Pasadena, California. The agreement is settled under a purchase price of $115 million plus a working capital adjustment. It also includes Ameron's 40%...
- BRIEFS: APPOINTMENTS & ACTIVITIES. // Concrete Products;Aug2006, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p21
The article presents news briefs concerning the concrete products industry in the U.S. as of August 2006. Ameron International Corp. has sold its Performance Coatings & Finishes business to PPG Industries. Fabcon has named Bill Shugars as general manager of its Pennsylvania operation. Cummins...
- Ameron Makes Strategic Decision to Sell Coatings Business. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug2006, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p24
The article reports on the decision of Ameron International Corp. to sell its Performance Coatings & Finishes business to PPG Industries. The sale is designed to help Ameron to redeploy resources, according to chairman, president and CEO James Marlen. The company has decided to sell the business...
- PPG to buy Ameron's coatings business. Ford, Brian // Chemical Market Reporter;7/3/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that PPG Industries Inc. will buy performance coatings and finishes business of Ameron International Corp. and the remaining share of Dongju Industrial, a South Korea-based coating business. The acquisition expands and amplifies the PPG's coatings business penetrations in...
- PPG, Ameron Announce Fire-Protective Coatings Distribution Agreement. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jul2002, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p21
Reports the appointment of Ameron International Corp. as global distributor of PITT-CHAR XP fire-protective coatings from PPG Industries Inc. Use of the coatings in the petrochemical industry; Basis of the production of the coatings; Advantages of the coatings.
- PPG acquires Dyrup. // Coatings World;Jun2011, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
The article offers information on several companies in the coatings industry. It states that PPG Industries Inc. had acquired Dyrup A/S of Copenhagen, Denmark from its former owner Monberg and Thorsen. It tackles Hempel Group's investment agreement with the Russian government in which the former...
- PPG to acquire industrial coatings producer, Spraylat. // Paintindia;Nov2012, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p167
The article reports on the acquisition of certain assets of Spraylat Corp. by U.S. paints giant PPG Industries.