- UOP tech likely for ATC's PX...as well as for Thai phenol. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;8/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 457, p20
States that Aromatics PCL is likely to appoint UOP as the licensor for its second aromatics project in Mab Ta Phut, Thailand. Volume of paraxylene that will be produced by the project; Contractors vying to get the project.
- Markets. // Asian Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 502, p6
Presents updates on the global chemical market as of August 2005. Plan of Mitsui Chemicals to reduce its output of phenol and acetone due to a slack demand; Move of Huntsman to increase its ethylene carbonate manufacturing capacity at its production facility in Conroe, Texas; Closure of an...
- Thailand to import toluene. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/3/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 422, p24
Focuses on the move of Thailand to become a net importer of toluene, following the expansion of Aromatics Thailand Company's paraxylene plant in March 2004. Capacity of the expanded facility; Producers of toluene in the country; Forecast on the toluene industry. INSET: Toluene shortage will...
- From op loss to op profit -- ATC. // Asian Chemical News;9/29/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 418, p9
Reports on the financial performance of Aromatics PCL in 2003. Forecast on the possible third quarter net profit of the company; Factors which affected the first and second quarter profits of the company; Information on the plans of the company to establish a cyclohoxene and cumene-phenol plant.
- NEW PROJECTS SUMMARY. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;4/25/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2144, p34
Presents updates on the projects of different companies in the chemical industry as of March 21, 2005. Aromatics Thailand; Dairen Chemical; Eastern Petrochemical.
- Oversupply forces ATC to scrap SM. Richardson, John; Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p34
The article reports on the decision of Aromatics Thailand Co. to set aside its 450,000 to 6000,000 tonne per year styrene monomer (SM) project due of technology developments. The company is examining other higher value-added benzene derivatives as alternatives to SM. The benzene for the SM...
- New projects. // Asian Chemical News;7/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 498, p5
Presents updates on projects in the chemical industry as of July 11, 2005. Selection of a consortium formed by SK Engineering & Construction Co. and GS Engineering and Construction by Aromatics Thailand Co. as its contractor for an aromatics project in Mab Ta Phut; Agreement signed by Columbian...
- Two firms are shortlisted for aromatics project. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/1/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the shortlisting of Chiyoda and a group that includes Asia Badger for the construction of an aromatics complex for The Aromatics Thailand Co. at Map Ta Phut, Thailand. Utilization of the UOP process to manufacture benzene, toluene, para-xylene, ortho-xylene and mixed xylenes;...
- Mega-merger decision soon. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 440, p7
Reports that a decision will be announced in June 2004 regarding a merger of Thailand's National Petrochemical Co., Thai Olefins Co. and Aromatics Thailand Co. Alternative to a merger of the Petroleum Authority of Thailand PLC subsidiaries; Purpose of a memorandum of understanding signed...