Ineos: modify agreement or we invest outside the UK
- Ineos faces pension dispute. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2071, p9
Reports on a labor dispute between the Amicus trade union and the Ineos Group over proposed changes to final salary pension arrangements at Ineos Chlor. Remarks from Gordon Hopwood of Amicus/Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union on the issue; Details of the proposed changes to salary...
- Labor, Contractors Deal Paves Way for Exxon's Sarnia Cracker. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;10/13/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 38, p16
Reports on the agreement signed by labor unions and contractors in Canada to help local producers win petrochemical construction projects in 1999. Efforts of local contractors and the Canadian Chemical Producers Association to complete the labor deal; Terms under the deal; Ethylene and...
- Ineos secures funds for Runcorn revamp. // Process Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the government grant acquired by Ineos Chlor in Great Britain. Use of the funds to finance the modernization of the Runcorn chlor-chemicals operation of the company; Details on the plans for the modernization of the facility; Cost of the project.
- Ineos to close Barry PVC plan. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Apr2010, Issue 826, p13
The article reports on the closure of the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) facility of Ineos ChlorVinyls in Barry, South Wales by the end of the second quarter of 2010 due to a decline in demand for PVC.
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;1/31/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p20
This section offers news briefs concerning the basic chemicals and plastics sector, including the decision of Ineos ChlorVinyls to increase the price of its caustic soda by 75 euros/ton for the first quarter of 2011 and the average U.S. chlor-alkali operating rates in December 2010, according to...
- Revamp will mean job cuts. // European Chemical News;8/18/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2065, p7
Speculates the possibility of job losses from the modernization of Ineos Chlor's chlorine facility at Runcorn, Great Britain in 2003.
- Ineos Chlor alters pension benefits in UK. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p7
Reports on the changes announced by Ineos Chlor for its pension benefits in Britain as of March 2, 2003. Reaction from the workers at Amicus/AEEU; Background of Ineos Chlor.
- INEOS MOVES IN ON THE MONTHLY MARKET. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p35
The article presents an update on chemical prices with Ineos as the seller as of February 2006. The first monthly butadiene contract prices were settled at â‚¬730/ tonne carriage paid to for January. The monthly prices fell compared with the quarterly ones. The price of ethylene will be the...
- INEOS ChlorVinyls seeks Europe PVC price hike. FINCH, HEIDI // ICIS Chemical Business;7/15/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 2, p24
The article reports that, as of July 2013, chemical companies including the chemical company INEOS ChlorVinyls Ltd. intend to raise their prices for polyvinyl chloride due to ethylene feedstock costs, energy costs, and factors pertaining to supply and demand.