- EUROPE. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p10
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of May 2006. BASF was considering how to proceed with its attempt to take over Engelhard, after the U.S. catalyst manufacturer rejected a higher offer and announced a self-tender of its own share. Laszlo Kovacs, chief executive...
- Europe Watch. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p8
The article offers news briefs on the European chemical industry. For the first half of June 2006, BorsodChem Co. posted an operating profit of Forint 12.6 billion (â‚¬ 46m/$59 million), up 30% from the same period in the previous year. Second quarter operating profits from Kali und Salz...
- News Watch. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;5/16/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2147, p10
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of May 2005. Financial performance of Celanese Corp. in the first quarter of the year; Increase in the first quarter earnings posted by Kali und Salz; Sales of active ingredients that Bayer CropScience anticipates to reach.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 42, p18
Present updates that are related to the chemical industry as of November 14, 2001. Joint venture between Kali Und Salz and Solvay; Acquisition of Asta Medica Onkologie by Baxter International; Rise in the third quarter sales of Siegfried for fiscal year 2001.
- SPECIALITIES ROUNDUP. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;10/11/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 464, p8
Presents updates on issues and events related to the specialities business in Asia as of October 17, 2004. Move of UCB Chemical Corp. to sell its surface specialities business to Cytec Industries; Details of the cooperation agreement between the Degussa company and Shanghai government in China...
- BASF Makes Bid for Degussa's Construction Chemicals Business. // Chemical Week;12/21/2005, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p4
The article reports on the plan of BASF to acquire Degussa's construction chemicals division. Industry sources say that pressure to sell construction chemicals has been forced on the company by RAG. BASF says it has issued a proposal for exclusive negotiations to Degussa's board of management.
- Degussa Divests Textile Business. // Chemical Week;3/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the acquisition of Degussa's textile additive business by R uumi tgers's textile chemicals subsidiary Giovanni Bozetto in Milan, Italy. Valuation of the acquired business; Percentage of Bozetto's sales which are in Italy.
- Fine Chemicals Industry Poised For More Meger Activity in 2001. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;12/18/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 25, p5
Forecasts the consolidation and merger activity in the chemical industry for the year 2001. Market condition of fine chemicals; Challenges raised by merger activities to the industry; Details on the merger plans of the company Degussa Huls.
- Degusssa Buys Castrol's Cement Chemicals. // Chemical Week;9/10/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the acquisition of the cement chemicals business of Castrol by Degussa in 2003. Products acquired by Degussa under the deal; Plan of Degussa for the acquired business.