5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- The much talked about issue of anti-dumping. Malhotra, O.P. // Chemical Business;Feb96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p9
Comments on the issue of anti-dumping in the chemical industry in India. Processing time lag for levying anti-dumping duties; Indian Chemical Manufacturers' Association's call on the government to address the anti-dumping issue; Cost of fighting a dumping case.
- Weak Links. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;5/6/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 18, p17
Features Nova Chemicals, manufacturer of plastics in the U.S. Assertion on supply-chain strategy; Focus on commodity chemical business; Investment on high returns.
- Nova Projects Strong Growth for PS in 2002. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/6/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the projection of Nova Chemicals Corp. for its styrenics business, particularly for its specialty products NAS and Zylar, in 2002. Items that present special opportunities for NAS and Zylar; Polystyrene products introduced by Nova; Number of employees of the company in research and...
- Nova Waves the Commodity Flag. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/19/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p46
Features the Nova Chemicals, the commodity chemical maker. Amount allotted by the company on a linear-low density polyethylene unit at Joffer, Alberta outfitted with its Advanced Sclairtech technology; Plan of the company to acquire Shell's European styrenics operation; Net income of the company...
- Financial briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/10/98, Vol. 254 Issue 6, p10
Provides a brief overview on the financial performance of several chemical companies for the second quarter of 1998. Net loss of Nova Chemicals for the period; Factors that contributed to the decline in Hercules' earnings.
- Nova eager to increase Arcel-, Zylar-brand sales. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/20/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p17
Highlights Nova Chemicals Corp.'s efforts to market new applications for its Arcel-brand interpolymers and Zylar-brand styrenic copolymer. Target markets; Nova's adequate capacity for both Zylar and Arcel.
- Nova Chemicals to Close High-Cost Polystyrene Unit at Joliet. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;12/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the plans of Nova Chemicals to close a solid polystyrene (PS) plant at Joliet, Illinois by the end of first quarter 2001. Reasons for the plans; Consequences of the closure of the plant; Decline in PS demand; Information on PS margins in the fourth quarter of 2000.
- Basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p77
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of July 3, 2002. Price increase for chlor-alkali; Increase in the price of expandable polystyrene announced by Nova Chemicals; Bisphenol A plant started by Mitsubishi Chemical.
- BP and Nova Sign Catalyst Agreement. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the deal signed by BP and Nova Chemicals Inc. under which BP will license its Innovene metallocene technology portfolio to Nova for the manufacture of polyethylene. Rights of BP to use and sublicense its proprietary single-site catalyst; Firms' cooperation on developing metallocene...