Petrobras plans big petchems boost
- Government Looks To Support Brazil's Corporate Expansion. Guerrero, Antonio // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on the support of the Brazilian government to the corporate expansion of Brazilian companies, such as the Brazilian state oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) and the state-owned development bank BNDES.
- Gas-chemicals complex is planned for Brazil. JAGGER, ANNA // ICIS Chemical Business;2/21/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 7, p26
The article reports that the Brazilian energy group Petrobras Brasileiro SA has signed an agreement with Renato Casagrande, state governor of Espirito Santo, Brazil to build a gas-to-chemicals complex in Linhares, in Espirito Santo, southeast Brazil.
- Petrobras Contemplates Petrochemicals Reentry. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p20
Reports that Brazilian state oil company Petrobras will propose a revamped business plan that local executives expect will include a reentry into petrochemicals. Remarks from local observers regarding the move; Executives' expectation on Petrobras' petrochemical division, Petroquisa.
- Petrobras revives plans for Rio petrochemical complex. Salles, Flavio; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p24
Reports on Brazilian state-owned oil company Petrobras' revival of plans for the fourth petrochemical complex in Brazil. Scheduled completion of feasibility studies for a major project near Rio de Janeiro; Required investment for the complex; Brazilian government's planned privatization of the...
- Brazil faces risk and opportunity. BERGER, HELLEN // ICIS Chemical Business;11/1/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p28
The article provides information on the petrochemical industry of Brazil. Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) will be launching investments of dollars 224 billion from 2010-2014, mainly for unprecedented deepwater oil exploration programs. It further informs the opinion of Sao Paulo based market...
- Fully loaded. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;7/20/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on Petrobras SA's planned 8.4 billion dollars Complexo Petroquimico do Rio de Janeiro (Comperj) project in Brazil. The project is the centerpiece of the country's petrochemical industry. The basic petrochemical unit will process 150,000 bbl per day of heavy oil to produce...
- Locals, multinationals seek power base in Brazil. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;11/5/1997 Supplement, Vol. 159 Issue 42, pS9
Reports on two petrochemical complexes planned for Brazil resulting to companies rushing to secure market share in the Mercosur region. Information on the contract signed by Petrobras and Odebrecht subsidiary OPP Petroquimica; Reasons why companies are opposed to the contract; Important prelude...
- Petrobras revises Comperj, reveals capacities. GREENWOOD, AL // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on the reconfiguration of the Complexo Petroquimico do Rio de Janeiro (Comperj) project in Brazil by energy producer Petrobras, and various new plans revealed by the company for the Comperj.
- LOCAL PETCHEM FIRMS PLEA FOR NAPTHA PRICE REFORM. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;10/31/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 40, p22
Reports that petrochemical companies have been lobbying Petrobras for lower naphtha prices in Brazil. Influence of the naphtha prices on the profitability of petrochemical companies; Arguments posed by the petrochemical companies.