Adventures in Corn
- Loophole removal on speculative position limits. // Western Farm Press;9/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CTFC) has eliminated the provision of speculators to surpass federal agricultural speculative position limits on August 20, 2009. Gary Gensler, CFTC chairman, says that there should be a consistent application and vigorous...
- NOW THERE'S AN APP FOR THIS. Henderson, Lynn // Agri Marketing;Sep2011, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p4
The article announces that "Agri-Marketing" Magazine has launched an electronic application (app) in September 2011 that offers daily news feeds, weather updates, and agricultural commodity market futures prices for U.S. agri-marketers using Android phones.
- Check weather across Com Belt for market impact. BECHMAN, TOM J. // Wallaces Farmer;Aug2015, Vol. 140 Issue 8, p130
The article focuses on the stocks and acreage report released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in August 2015 which encourages commodity traders in Iowa to keep an eye on the potential impact of weather on the country's crop market.
- Rules and Regulations: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;1/8/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p1127
The article presents rules and regulations related to the Agricultural Marketing Service of the Department of Agriculture in the U.S. in 2013. The rule on the apricots grown in Washington suspends the inspection, quality and minimum grade requirements prescribed under the Washington apricot...
- Brace yourself for a volatile summer. Suderman, Arlan // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Jun2011, Vol. 208 Issue 6, p30
The article offers marketing outlook for crop industry in the U.S. It states that dairy farmers are more focus on estimating the number of acres that were truly planted than planting corn. It mentions that the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) June 30, 2011 acreage report is highly...
- A Fresh Idea. Oster, Megan // American Vegetable Grower;Sep2008, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p16
The article features Naturipe Farms Grower Services LLC, which is a partnership between MGB Marketing, Hortifrut SA, Naturipe Berry Growers and Munger Enterprises. It is stated that the organization's purpose is to create supply alliances with other growers to meet sales demands. The company...
- Beet price rise fails to impress. Spackman, Paul // Farmers Weekly;8/8/2008, p21
The article focuses on British Sugar's announcement that it is to increase the 2009 contract price and haulage allowance. It is reported, however, that it has failed to impress growers and could still see some reduce their tonnage in 2009. The two original contract options are to be retained,...
- Commodity Prices Rock World Markets: Structural Shift or Short Term Adjustments? Bahn, Henry // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;2008 2nd Quarter, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
An overview of the articles on the rising prices of agricultural commodities is presented. The articles analyze factors causing the increase like changes in agricultural commodity markets or conflicts in policy change, stocks and weather. They include "Farm Commodity Prices: Why the Boom and...
- Traders' Expectations and Cattle Futures Market Prices. Zellner, Robert E.; Cramer, Charles L. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec71, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p884
Presents a study which examined the relationship between the expectations of traders of cattle futures contracts, the price of the contracts and the cash prices for cattle. Analysis of the potential of cattle futures trading as a tool for managing price list; Methodology; Results and discussion.