Zapping the Competition
- Making waves. Lunden, Ingrid // Total Telecom Magazine;Nov2008, p30
This article discusses the intention of mobile broadband service providers to get new bandwidth. According to the article, providers promise new mobile broadband services if they get hold of the bandwidth. It notes that regulators will have to deal with continued wrangling over who should get...
- Japanese government to launch 4G study. // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p60
Reports that the Japanese government will launch a standardization process for fourth-generation cellular phones.
- IEEE 802.20 Will Set Data Rates Above 1 Mbps for Mobile Users. // Microwave Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p57
Reports on the possible development of the IEEE 802.20 standard that will set data transmission rates above 1 Mbps for mobile communication system users. Forecast on the mobile broadband wireless access for computers and other battery-powered devices; Expected benefits of the standard.
- Australia : ACCC invites views on the wholesale cost of mobile calls and SMS. // TendersInfo News;8/4/2014, p1
The article reports on the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC) release of a discussion paper on pricing the declared mobile terminating access service (MTAS). Topics discussed include the MTAS final access determination (FAD) inquiry, the decision of the ACCC to continue...
- COMPETITION AND REGULATION ISSUES IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS Background Note. Biggar, Darryl // OECD Journal of Competition Law & Policy;2003, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p154
Focuses on several competition-related issues that have emerged in the telecommunications industry in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries. Landline telephone to mobile phone call termination; Mandatory national roaming; Point-to-point communications...
- Time for action. Rubenstein, Roy // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2007, p35
The article discusses expectations by analysts regarding decision-making over standards and technologies for mobile television (TV) services in 2007. In the battle between mobile television standards, Digital Video Broadcast-Handheld (DVB-H) has gained the most traction in Europe to date....
- Point of purchase downloads. Fist, Stewart // Telecom Asia;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the development of mobile picture-phone technology called SpotCode. Use of a mobile camera-phone as the scanner; Advantage of SpotCode scanning; Benefit of universality of open standards.
- INTERNATIONAL MARKETING STANDARDIZATION AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF MOBILE NETWORK OPERATORS - AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS. Gerpott, Torsten J.; Jakopin, Nejc M. // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Jul2005, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p189
This study explores the degrees to which service firms standardize marketing instruments in their foreign subsidiaries. It also analyzes associations between international standardization of marketing instruments and company financial performance criteria in an industry study of mobile network...
- Can PTT make a push in Europe? Plaschke, Bob // Telecommunications - International Edition;Oct2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p25
The article focuses on the mobile specification standard developed by the leading mobile phone suppliers in the U.S. for interoperability with push-to-talk services. The mobile specification standard will provide the customers with the opportunity to communicate with their friends on different...