- There is Justice. // Saturday Evening Post;3/7/1931, Vol. 203 Issue 36, p24
Supports the imprisonment of people who accept bribes, default and embezzle in positions of fiduciary responsibility in the U.S. Role of courts and juries in imposing justice in the U.S.; Comparison of a large-scale swindler with a gunman.
- What would you do ifï¿½a longtime employee were suspected of embezzlement? // American School Board Journal;May2006, Vol. 193 Issue 5, p52
This article offers instructions on what to do if a longtime employee were suspected of embezzlement.
- Public procurement Spotting the bribe. // OECD Observer;Mar2007, Issue 260, p11
The article offers tips on how policymakers might detect bribery in public procurement and suggests ways of defeating it as well.
- Beware the new bribery law. Dias, Katee // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/11/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4664, p40
A summary of the Bribery Act 2010 in Great Britain is presented.
- Using the Power of Public Office for Personal Advantage. // Chinese Sociology & Anthropology;Winter1993/1994, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p6
The article provides detail of corruption and abuse of power by cadres during the reform era of late 1980s in China. According to a report published in a local Chinese daily, from 1982 to August 1988, the procuratorial offices nationwide investigated 200,000 cases of pecuniary crime. Among them,...
- Say No. Lee, Anne C. // Fast Company;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 131, p44
The article discusses International Anti-Corruption Day. Bribing foreign officials was not illegal in the U.S. until the 1970s, the article states. Topics include the formation of the United Nations (UN) Convention Against Corruption, campaigns against graft and embezzlement, and the UN's...
- Extortion and Accepting Bribes. // Chinese Sociology & Anthropology;Winter1993/1994, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p34
The article reports the facts of cases involving corruption, extortion and bribery during the reform era in China. In October 1985, based on a report of stealing by an employee in the Baoding Electricity Supply System, the law enforcement office in Baoding discovered several serious cases of...
- Bus Ã‰ireann launches an inquiry [...]. // Mail on Sunday;11/17/2013, p1
Bus Ã‰ireann launches an inquiry into bribe claims AN inquiry has been launched into allegations of corruption at Bus Ã‰ireann after an employee was accused of taking bribes.
- Four People Indicted For Embezzlement. // Credit Union Journal;6/20/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p19
The article reports that the former manager of Unified Singers FCU and three family members were charged in a federal indictment with an embezzlement scheme that forced the failure of the well-known community development credit union in April 2002. The people include Jean Pogue, who ran Unified...